Wang Jianmin (full general)
Wang Jianmin (born November 1942 in Luannan, Hebei) is a retired full general (shang jiang) of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China. He joined the PLA in June 1962, and the Communist Party of China in September 1963.
- 1973, Operations office director and assistant section chief, operations section, operations department, Shenyang Military Region.
- 1983, Assistant Department Chief, Operations Department.
- 1985, Division Commander.
- 1987, Department Chief, Operations Department, Shenyang Military Region Command.
- 1989, Studied at the PLA National Defense University.
- 1993, Deputy Commander, 23rd Group Army.
- 1995, Commander, 23rd Group Army. Commander, 39th Group Army.
- 1997, Candidate member, 15th National People's Congress.
- 1999, Chief of Staff, Shenyang Military Region.
- 2000, Deputy Commander, Shenyang Military Region.
- 2002, Commander, Chengdu Military Region.
He was a member of the 16th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
He attained the rank of major general in July 1994, lieutenant general in 2000, and full general on June 24, 2006.
- "Over half of Chinese party Central Committee to be replaced - HK daily". BBC Monitoring Asia Pacific. 15 October 2007.
The military will also see quite a big change in its membership on the Central Committee. Giving up Central Committee membership will be Shi Yunsheng, former Commander of the Navy; Wang Jianmin, former Commander of Chengdu Military Region...