Wang in 2015
|Chinese name||王俊凱 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||王俊凯 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Wáng Jùnkǎi (Mandarin)|
|Born||21 September 1999|
|Other names||Karry Wang|
|Education||Chongqing No.8 Secondary School (重庆市第八中学）|
|Alma mater||Beijing Film Academy|
|Label(s)||Time Fengjun Entertainment (2010–)|
Karry Wang Studio (2017–)
The H Collective (2018–)
Shanghai Wang Junkai Film Studio (2018–)
|Website||Karry Wang on Sinaweibo|
Wang Junkai (simplified Chinese: 王俊凯; traditional Chinese: 王俊凱; pinyin: Wáng Jùnkǎi, born 21 September 1999), also known as Karry Wang, is a Chinese singer and actor. He was a trainee of TF Family since 2010 and debuted as the leader of TFBoys in 2013. He is one of China’s wealthiest people born after 1990, with a personal net worth of 248 million yuan (US$36 million) as of December 2016.
Early life and education
Wang was born in Chongqing, China. Wang grew up mostly under his grandparents' care due to his parents' busy work schedules. His father works as a taxi driver while his mother works as a hairdresser. In late 2010, he became one of the trainees under the TF Entertainment, and becoming the only trainee later then. Prior to his debut, Wang participated in TF Family's mini album I Don't Want to Change. He has released several cover songs online, and participated in audition programs. In particular, his cover of "Onion" (originally by Aska Yang) received attention and was covered by several news outlets. He officially debuted as a member of TFBoys on August 6, 2013, at the age of 13 alongside Roy Wang and Jackson Yee.
In 2016, Wang released his first solo single "Ode to A Tree", which he took part in composing. In July, Wang released his second solo single, "Memory in Ferris Wheel" as part of the soundtrack of web series Finding Soul. The OST reached number 1 on the Billboard China V Chart for 3 consecutive weeks. The same year, Wang had a supporting role in Zhang Yimou's film The Great Wall.
He released his third single "Homeward" in January 2017, produced by Li Ronghao. "Homeward" was named as one of the Top 10 Songs at the Fresh Asia Chart Festival 2017. In April, he joined the cast of variety program Give Me Five. The same year, Wang was named as the Chinese promotional ambassador for the film Kingsman: The Golden Circle and released the theme song "Become a Gentleman". In September, Wang released a single titled "Karry On" as part of as eighteenth birthday celebration. He then starred in the Chinese film adaptation of popular Japanese novel Miracles of the Namiya General Store, which premiered in December 2017. He sang the theme song of the film, titled "Train in the Mist" with Li Jian.
In 2018, Wang starred in the youth adventure drama Eagles and Youngster. The same year, it was announced that he will star in the fantasy animated film L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties 2.
In August 2018, Wang released his first autobiography titled "19 Year Old Time Difference".
Wang held the Guinness World Record Holder for having "the most reposted Weibo post" in 2015.
In March 2017, Wang was invited by Nike to take part in the design process of the new Air Max sneakers. In June, Wang made his walkway debut for fashion house Dolce & Gabbana during the Men's Spring/Summer 2018 fashion shows in Milan. The same year, Wang became the youngest male celebrity to grace the front cover of Harper's Bazaar and L'Officiel Hommes.
In December 2017, Wang was announced as the global brand ambassador for Swatch. In the same month, it was announced that the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) will work with Visa China and Wang, to bring to the public tailor-made “Galaxy·Karry Wang" credit card.
On 21 November 2018, Wang severed his ties with Dolce & Gabbana, ultimately ending his role as the ambassador for the brand after the Shanghai event controversy.
In March 2017, Wang was appointed as one of the "Special Envoy of Youth Action" for "World Life Day", a joint campaign by the United Nations Environment Programme, International Fund for Animal Welfare and The Nature Conservancy.
On his 18th birthday, Wang announced the set up his own charity foundation - "Kindle Blue Fund". Its first project is to build a library for children who lived in the mountain area.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
Billboard V Chart
|"Memory in Ferris Wheel" (摩天轮的思念)||—||—||Finding Soul OST|
|"Ode to A Tree" (树读)||—||—||N/A|
|Imperfect Child (不完美小孩)||—||—||N/A|
|"Karry On" (焕蓝·未来)||—||—||N/A|
|"Become a Gentleman" (冷暖)||—||—||Promotional song for Kingsman: The Golden Circle|
|"Train in the Mist" (雾中列车)||—||—||Namiya OST|
|"At The Free-Flowing Stream in Zhu Xian" (我在诛仙逍遥涧)||2018||Theme song of mobile game Zhu Xian|
|"Fulfill Our Generation's Dream" (圓夢一代)||N/A|
|"You're Mine" (我的)||TBA|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Album||Notes|
|2017||"Proud Youth"||骄傲的少年||Give Me Five theme song||with cast members|
|"China's Dream"||中国梦||N/A||with various artists|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes||Ref.|
|2015||Pound of Flesh||致命追击||Cameo|||
|2016||The Great Wall||长城||Emperor|
|2017||Namiya||解忧杂货店||Xiao Bo||Lead role|
|2019||L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties 2||爵跡2：冷血狂宴||Frost||Supporting role|
|Bureau 749||749局||In production|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes||Ref.|
|2016||Noble Aspirations||青云志||teenage Lin Jingyu||Cameo|||
|Love for Separation||小别离||Li Xiang|||
|Finding Soul||超少年密码||Xia Chang'an / 001||Lead role|||
|2017||Boy Hood||我们的少年时代||Wu Tong|||
|2018||Eagles and Youngster||天坑鹰猎||Zhang Baoqing|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|2017||Give Me Five||高能少年团||Cast member|
|2018||Give Me Five Season 2||高能少年团2|||
|Chinese Restaurant Season 2||中餐厅2|||
Awards and nominations
|2015||2014 Star Power List||Most popular male singer||N/A||Won|
|Cross-Strait Men's List||Popularity award||N/A||Won|
|Guinness World Record||Most forwarded Weibo post||Won|||
|China's Top Ten Influential People born in the 90s||N/A||Won|
|2016||Fresh Asia Chart Festival||Top Ten Songs||"Young"||Won|||
- "TFBOYS王俊凯幼年经历曝光 组合走红最大功臣" (in Chinese). September 15, 2015.
- "TFBOYS: THE BOYBAND BRINGING CHINA'S DREAMS OF SOFT POWER TO LIFE". South China Morning Post. March 19, 2017.
- "TFBOYS王俊凯幼年经历曝光 组合走红最大功臣". Guiyang Weekly (in Chinese). September 14, 2015.
- "TF家族最年少偶像团体TF BOYS九月正式出道". NetEase (in Chinese). May 11, 2016.
- "Teen idol joins millions taking China's grueling gaokao exam". CNN. June 7, 2017.
- "王俊凯首支原创单曲《树读》独家首发". Sina (in Chinese). August 12, 2016.
- "TFBOYS王俊凯《摩天轮的思念》歌词及在线试听". ifeng (in Chinese). July 19, 2016.
- "Billboard China V Chart". Billboard. August 20, 2016.
- "Wang Junkai and 'TFBoys' grab global spotlight". China Daily. October 14, 2016.
- "王俊凯发新歌《小棉袄》 李荣浩作词作曲" (in Chinese). January 18, 2017.
- "高能少年团正式官宣 网友：真霸屏，鲜肉明星来啦". Tencent (in Chinese). February 13, 2017.
- "王俊凯任《王牌特工2》推广大使 献声主题曲《冷暖》". Tencent (in Chinese).
- "王俊凯个人新歌《焕蓝未来》首发 成年礼主题曲焕然唱响". Youth.cn (in Chinese). September 23, 2017.
- "Keigo Higashino's 'Namiya' adapted into Chinese film". China.org.cn. October 30, 2017.
- "李健王俊凯《雾中列车》MV首发 开启时光大门". Sina (in Chinese). December 26, 2017.
- "王俊凯主演《天坑鹰猎》 获天下霸唱力挺". Sina (in Chinese). December 6, 2017.
- "Where eagles dare". China Daily. November 21, 2018.
- "郭敬明《爵迹2》定档7.6曝预告". Mtime (in Chinese). May 21, 2018.
- "TFBoys star Wang Junkai sets social media record as millions repost Weibo update". Guinness World Records. June 22, 2015.
- "China state TV consumer-protection show deflates Nike's 'Air' sole claims". Huffington Post. March 20, 2017.
- "All the Scions at Dolce & Gabbana's Spring 2018 Men's Show". W Magazine. June 17, 2017.
- "王俊凯登《时尚芭莎》封面 9秒卖300万创纪录". China Radio International (in Chinese). August 23, 2017.
- "斯沃琪SWATCH宣布王俊凯成为全球品牌形象代言人". Sina (in Chinese). December 29, 2017.
- "银行推出王俊凯定制信用卡 卡面由粉丝投票设定". Sina (in Chinese). December 1, 2017.
- "Dolce & Gabbana calls off China show amid accusations of racism on social media". NBC News. November 22, 2018.
- "China's Young Celebrities Appeal for Wildlife Protection on World Wildlife Day". International Fund for Animal Welfare. March 3, 2017.
- "王俊凯成年礼新歌首唱皇冠加冕 父母来信泪洒现场". Sina (in Chinese). September 25, 2017.
- "UN Environment designates Chinese idol Wang Junkai as National Goodwill Ambassador". UN Environment. April 18, 2018.
- "王俊凯2018首支单曲《我在诛仙逍遥涧》酷狗上线". China.com (in Chinese). March 29, 2017.
- "王俊凯新歌《圆梦一代》正式发布！". 中国长安网 (in Chinese). May 4, 2018.
- "王俊凯新单曲《我的》发布 心动演绎甜蜜风格恋曲". Sina (in Chinese). September 19, 2018.
- "王俊凯未眠曲《醒着》上线，唱给都市夜色中失眠的人们". Sohu (in Chinese). September 21, 2018.
- "《高能少年团》将播 主题曲《骄傲的少年》曝光". Sohu (in Chinese). April 1, 2017.
- "王俊凯关晓彤等唱响《中国梦》 孙涌智策划出品". Sina (in Chinese). December 5, 2017.
- "TFBOYS刚出道就客串《致命追击》，还在里面扮演很神秘的角色". ifeng (in Chinese). October 27, 2018.
- "TFBOYS客串《老炮儿》仅两秒 小鲜肉号召力能产出多少票房(组图)". Netease (in Chinese). December 16, 2015.
- "TFboys确认加盟《诛仙青云志》 饰主角少年时代". Netease (in Chinese). September 25, 2015.
- "TFBOYS合体出演《小别离》 导演评价"很灵"". Netease (in Chinese). October 20, 2015.
- "TFBoys合体主演网剧《超少年密码》". Tencent (in Chinese). July 11, 2016.
- "《我们的少年时代》7月9日湖南卫视首播 TFBOYS获奖薛之谦李小璐花式互怼". China Daily (in Chinese). July 5, 2018.
- "《高能少年团2》嘉宾定妆照发布 王俊凯杨紫张一山化身西装少年". Zhejiang TV (in Chinese). April 19, 2018.
- "《中餐厅2》今晚开播 赵薇王俊凯邀你享中华美食". Sina (in Chinese). July 20, 2018.
- "TFBoys star Wang Junkai sets social media record as millions repost Weibo".
- "2016年度亚洲新歌榜荣誉名单". Sina (in Chinese). September 27, 2016.
- "Fresh Asia Music Chart Winners". Sina (in Chinese). Retrieved October 10, 2017.