Wang Thonglang District
Khet location in Bangkok
|Seat||Khlong Chaokhun Sing|
|Khet established||November 21, 1997|
|• Total||23.678 km2 (9.142 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,854/km2 (12,570/sq mi)|
|Time zone||THA (UTC+7)|
Wang Thonglang (Thai: วังทองหลาง; IPA: [wāŋ tʰɔ̄ːŋlǎːŋ]) is one of the 50 districts (Khet) of Bangkok, Thailand. It is bounded by other Bangkok districts (from north clockwise): Lat Phrao, Bang Kapi, Huai Khwang, and Chatuchak.
The district was established on 21 November 1997 (announced 14 October 1997) occupying Wang Thonglang and part of Khlong Chan sub-district of Bang Kapi and part of Lat Phrao sub-district of Lat Phrao district. The total area was 19.205 km². In 2002 (announced 24 January, effective 11 March) the district boundary between Wang Thonglang and Lat Phrao districts was adjusted. Now Wang Thonglang has 18.905 km² of area.
- Chao Phraya Bodindecha Museum
- Golden Place
The district is sub-divided into 4 sub-districts (Khwaeng).
|3.||Khlong Chaokhun Sing||คลองเจ้าคุณสิงห์|
|This section requires expansion. (May 2014)|
- Lycée Français International de Bangkok (French school)
- Singapore International School of Bangkok
The District Council for Wang Thonglang has seven members, who each serve four-year terms. Elections were last held on April 30, 2006. The results were as follows:
- Democrat Party - 7 seats
- "comment_se_rendre_au_lfib_fr.pdf" (Archive) Lycée Français International de Bangkok. Retrieved on May 15, 2014.
- "Contact Us." Singapore International School of Bangkok. Retrieved on May 8, 2015. "Pracha Uthit Campus 498/11 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 39 (Tepleela 1), Wangthonglang, Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310 Thailand" Map
- BMA website with the touristical landmarks of Wang Thonglang
- Wang Thonglang district office (Thai only)
|This article related to the city of Bangkok, Thailand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|