|王小波 Wang Xiaobo|
May 13, 1952|
|Died||April 11, 1997
|Nationality||People's Republic of China|
|Alma mater||Renmin University of China and University of Pittsburgh|
He was a sent-down youth in Yunnan during Cultural Revolution. From 1978 to 1982, he studied at Renmin University of China. He went to the United States to continue his education in 1984 and received a master's degree from the University of Pittsburgh in 1988. After his return to China, he taught at Peking University and Renmin University of China. He became a freelance writer in 1992. On April 11, 1997, Wang died of a heart attack in Beijing.
List of works
Wang Xiaobo wrote several novels, short stories collections and essays, some of which have been translated into English, French and Italian.
- 《红拂夜奔》 Running away at Night
- 《万寿寺》 Wan Show Temple
- 《青铜时代》 Age of Bronze
- 《白银时代》 Age of Silver
- 《黄金时代》 Age of Gold
- 《夜里两点半》 Half past two at Night
- 《茫茫黑夜游》 The Vast Tour
- 《樱桃红》 Red like Cherries
- 《寻找无双》"Looking for Wushuang" or "In Search of Wushuang"
Short story collections and Essays
- 《沉默的大多数》 Silent Majority
- 《思维的乐趣》 The Pleasure of Thought
- 《我的精神家园》 My Spiritual Homeland
- 1997 : East Palace, West Palace by Zhang Yuan, adapted from his short story 《似水柔情》 Sentiments like water.
- WangXiaobo Net
- works of wangxiaobo collection
- on YouTube
- Article by the magazine Rue89 (In French)
- The novel 2015 (in Italian)
- Introduction to the English translation published by the State University of New York Press