|2011 London||Women's doubles|
|2013 Guangzhou||Women's doubles|
|2010 Paris||Women's doubles|
|2014 Copenhagen||Women's doubles|
|2013 Kuala Lumpur||Team|
|2010 Kuala Lumpur||Team|
|2014 Incheon||Women's team|
Wang Xiaoli began her international career in 2009 when she paired with Tao Jiaming in Mixed Doubles and with Ma Jin in Women's Doubles. She quickly gained success with Ma Jin and culminated their career with a Silver medal at the 2010 Paris World Championships.
In the middle of the 2010 season Wang Xiaoli dropped Mixed Doubles from her repertoire of events and began competing in Women's Doubles with Yu Yang. Despite their short time together Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang have reached the number one ranking in the world for their event.
At the 2012 Summer Olympics, Wang and her partner, Yu Yang, along with Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na, Ha Jung-eun and Kim Min-jung of South Korea, and Meiliana Jauhari and Greysia Polii of Indonesia were disqualified from the competition for "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and "conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport" following matches the previous evening during which they were accused of throwing the match. Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli played against South Korea's Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na, and it has been suggested both teams wanted to lose in order to secure an easier draw, although Yu claimed "she and her partner were just trying to conserve their strength for the knockout rounds".
Record against selected opponents
- / Petya Nedelcheva & Anastasia Russkikh 1–0
- Alex Bruce & Michelle Li 1–0
- Bao Yixin & Lu Lu 1–0
- Bao Yixin & Zhong Qianxin 3–0
- Cheng Shu & Zhao Yunlei 6–0
- Ma Jin & Zhong Qianxin 1–0
- Tian Qing & Zhao Yunlei 8–3
- Xia Huan & Tang Jinhua 3–1
- Ma Jin & Tang Jinhua 5–0
- Bao Yixin & Cheng Shu 0–1
- Bao Yixin & Tang Jinhua 0–1
- Ma Jin & Tang Yuanting 3–0
- Bao Yixin & Tang Yuanting 0–1
- Luo Ying & Luo Yu 4–0
- Cheng Wen-hsing & Chien Yu-chin 4–0
- Christinna Pedersen & Kamilla Rytter Juhl 6–1
- Poon Lok Yan & Tse Ying Suet 8–0
- Jwala Gutta & Ashwini Ponnappa 3–0
- Vita Marissa & Nadya Melati 2–0
- Mizuki Fujii & Reika Kakiiwa 4–0
- Miyuki Maeda & Satoko Suetsuna 5–0
- Shizuka Matsuo & Mami Naito 7–0
- Misaki Matsutomo & Ayaka Takahashi 3–0
- Ha Jung-eun & Kim Min-jung 7–1
- Jung Kyung-eun & Kim Ha-na 5–0
- Chin Eei Hui & Wong Pei Tty 2–0
- Valeria Sorokina & Nina Vislova 1–0
- Shinta Mulia Sari & Yao Lei 2–0
- Michelle Claire Edwards & Annari Viljoen 1–0
- Duanganong Aroonkesorn & Kunchala Voravichitchaikul 5–0
- "8 disqualified at London Games for trying to lose". Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- "BBC Sport – Olympics badminton: Eight women disqualified from doubles". Bbc.co.uk. August 1, 2012.
- Olympic female badminton players charged
- London 2012 Olympics: Badminton players charged with misconduct after appearing to try to lose their games
- "tournamentsoftware.com". tournamentsoftware.com.