|Pinyin||Wáng Zǐ (Mandarin)|
|Birth name||邱勝翊 (pinyin: Qiū Shèng Yì)|
|Origin||Republic of China (Taiwan)|
14 April 1989 |
Taichung City, Taiwan
|Occupation||Singer, actor, songwriter, presenter, dancer|
|Label(s)||Gold Typhoon (formerly EMI Music) (2006-2009)
Taiwan Sony Music Entertainment (2011-2014)
Legend star entertainment (2010-2015)
Star International (2006)
HIM International Music (2015-Present)
|Years active||2006 – present|
|Associated acts||Lollipop (2006-2009)
|Website||JPM at Sony Music|
He was a former member of Lollipop, a Taiwanese Mandopop boyband, which consists of six members, Zhuang Ao Quan/Owodog, Liao Xiao Jie/Liljay, Yang Xiao Yu/Fabien, Liao Wei Lian/William, Liu A-wei, and himself. They were all chosen from Channel [V] Taiwan's show Bang Bang Tang (BBT 模范棒棒堂), a show which sought to create new male artists in the entertainment business of Taiwan.
Lollipop signed under the label Gold Typhoon (formerly EMI Capitol) and Channel [V] Taiwan in 2006. However, their artist management contract with Channel [V] Taiwan ended at the end of 2009. Qiu is now signed under A Legend Star Entertainment Corp., a company founded by former Channel [V] Taiwan director, Andy Chang.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Background
- 1.2 Pre-debut
- 1.3 2006: Formation of Lollipop
- 1.4 2007-08: Acting, Hosting, and Music debut
- 1.5 2008-09: Graduation from BBT, I Am Legend Album, tours and Acting
- 1.6 2010-11: A Legend Star contract & Formation of JPM
- 1.7 2012-present: 365 Album, Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf Stage Drama
- 2 Discography
- 3 Filmography
- 4 Books
- 5 Awards
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Qiu Wang Zi's family consists of his parents and a younger brother. His younger brother, Mao Di was a former member of Choc7, and currently his co-member in JPM under Sony Music Taiwan. He is of Hakka descent.
Qiu Wang Zi was born in Taichung City, Taiwan on April 14, 1989. He attended in Taichung County, then transferred to Taipei County Zhuangjing Senior Vocational School where he graduated in high school. After, he started studying English in Hsing Wu College Division. However, because of his school hours was not enough even though he participated in the midterm and final examinations, he was expelled from school; thus he transferred to Southeast University and attended the University of Science and Technology
Qiu Wang Zi has been a bright student and was getting good grades during his school years. Not only that, but he was also active participating in school and outdoor activities.
When he was young, he joined Taiwan's track and field team where he was placed 9th in a 100-meter race project. He also used to learn Taekwondo, where he achieved red and black belt. Because the upgrade fee was too expensive, however, he did not participate in the black belt level test.
His stage name Prince (or Wang Zi) started when he played as a prince in a Shakespearean play during his high school years. Thus, when he first entered the entertainment industry, the former Channel [V]'s director, Andy Zhang, suggested that the name will be used as it is catchy and easy to remember at the same time.
2006: Formation of Lollipop
In 2006, Qiu went to Bang Bang Tang (BBT) Taipei audition and was selected into "Bang Bang Tang" variety show. On November 27, the episode in which six members of Lollipop were selected and revealed was aired. Qiu Wang Zi was the second member to be selected into Lollipop, after Liao Xiao Jie. The members signed a contract to Channel V, and Dora Ao became their agent. They, then, officially signed a contract with EMI Capitol on December 2, 2006, appointing Zhuang as the leader of the newly formed group Lollipop. On December 9, 2006, Lollipop made its first public performance as a group at the V-Power Music Storm Concert.
2007-08: Acting, Hosting, and Music debut
Lollipop's first EP, Colorful Lollipop was released on January 26, 2007, with six different covers, each featuring a member of the group. Four months later, on May 25, a second EP titled Summer's First Experience was released along with a photobook compiled with photos taken in Okinawa, as well as a DVD. Lyrics were written by Qiu and himself for the song "Summer's First Experience."
During the summer of 2007, Qiu and the other members of Lollipop made their acting debut in the drama Brown Sugar Macchiato, a collaboration with Hey Girl. The first episode was aired in Taiwan on July 15, 2007. Later, Lollipop admits on Kangxi Lai Le that the drama had been more of an introduction of the two groups instead of a major acting challenge, as the members were told to act like themselves, and that many subplots were explained only briefly due to the large number of main characters. After thirteen episodes, the drama ended on October 7, 2007. They released an official soundtrack, then, with songs from Lollipop and Hey Girl. The said television drama allowed Qiu to receive the Best Onscreen Couple with Gui Gui(Emma Wu), a member of Hey Girl.
On September 26, 2007, Lollipop visited Hong Kong to promote their television soundtrack Brown Sugar Macchiato. This was their first overseas promotional activity ever since their debut, and a huge fan turnout caused a great commotion at the shopping mall where they were having their autograph session At the same year, Lollipop began hosting their own show Lollipop Gyashan (LOLLIPOP哪裡怕) on October 27 until April 19, 2008, when the show stopped airing.
Lollipop's debut album Gyashan (哪裡怕) was released on December 28, 2007. Gyashan entered Mandarin charts in the number one position, outselling F4's album Waiting for You – Await Your Love (在這裡等你) which was released on the same day. Liao contributed lyrics to three of the ten songs in this album. On January 26, 2008, a year after the release of their first EP, Lollipop held its debut concert at the Taipei Arena. The concert DVD was released on June 6, 2008, breaking chart records with sales rates of more than 35%. The DVD has topped the charts for a period of one month since.
2008-09: Graduation from BBT, I Am Legend Album, tours and Acting
Lollipop had been appearing regularly on Bang Bang Tang since August 14, 2006. With Channel [V]'s decision to select a new batch of boys and create a second season, Lollipop and most of the other members "graduated" from Bang Bang Tang after their last performances as members of the show. Their last official episode aired on August 29, 2008, marking the end of the first season. In total, the members of Lollipop had participated in more than 500 episodes of the show.
After graduation from Bang Bang Tang television show, Qiuhad been busy filming The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries. He was cast as the main lead, Linghu Cong (令狐聰), with Albee Hwang from July 26 to October 18, 2008. On October 3, 2008, the original soundtrack was released by Gold Typhoon. In this album, Qiu wrote and sang the ending song for the series entitled Sorry (對不起 Dui Bu Qi). Two editions were released for the soundtrack, one being a 10,000 limited edition.
In 2009, Lollipop made its first lyric contributions to other artists, which are included in the mini album of the group Choc7, composed of seven members selected from the same show. Qiu wrote Too Young(太青春) and I'm Stupid(我太笨).
Lollipop's second album I am Legend was released on June 19, 2009. Qiu contributed the lyrics to three songs in the album. A concert tour in Asia with the same name commenced in Hong Kong Coliseum on July 4–5, 2009. While promoting I am Legend on several Taiwanese variety shows, including Kangxi Lai Le, 100% Entertainment, Azio Superstar, etc., Lollipop created a series of dance performances specifically for the show hosts of each show, thus completing a mini TV tour.
Qiu lived with the other members of Lollipop from 2006 to 2009. Due to disturbances caused by fans gathering outside their apartment, Lollipop had to move several times since their debut and had once lived in an apartment rented to them by BBT show host Fan Fan in Taipei. However, at the end of 2009, Qiu has moved away from Lollipop's apartment and is now living with Liao Xiao Jie and Qiu Mao Di.
2010-11: A Legend Star contract & Formation of JPM
Lollipop's artist management contract with Channel [V] Taiwan ended at the end of 2009. Former Lollipop members, Liao and himself had been undergoing a series of secret training for the past year after they had separated with the band in 2009. On July 8, 2010, the two of them released a single entitled Dance Can Be Replaced ("舞可取代"). On September 10, they had their first concert at the Hong Kong Kowloon Bay International Trade and Exhibition Center to promote their single. In the end, their first single was successful as they received six awards at the end of the year, which includes "Popular Dance Song Award" and "Idol Award" by the "Metro Radio Mandarin Hits Music Awards Presentation", "Best Dance Song Award" and "Idol Award" by the "Seventh Hit Golden King Awards", and "Outstanding Dance Song Singers" and "Network Popular Singers" by the "Chinese Golden Melody Awards".
On the day of A Legend Star Entertainment Corp.'s first anniversary, Qiu and Liao Xiao Jie decided to get back together and formed a new group called JPM, alongside Qiu's brother, Mao Di, on January 11, 2011. They signed a contract under A Legend Star Entertainment Corp., a company founded by former Channel [V] Taiwan director, Andy Chang. On August 26, 2011, JPM finally released their first album entitled Moonwalk. In this album, Qiu contributed to the lyrics of three songs and composer of two songs.
Besides his music career, Qiu has also been active in acting. He had 3 films in 2010 (Kung Fu Hip Hop 2, Honey PuPu, and Xi You Ji). Moreover, he was also cast in Gloomy Salad Days in 2010, and 33 Gu Shi Guan - Fake Chocolate in 2011 as the male lead, Qiu Ke Li.
Qiu, together with his brother, Mao Di, were also invited to join into ambassadors in the 2010 Asian Games, Guangzhou Asian Games Volunteer Hall of Fame. With their positive public image and work attitude, youthful joy and personal charm, they became the Guangzhou Asian Games volunteer spokesperson.
2012-present: 365 Album, Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf Stage Drama
On January 25, JPM released a Japanese version for Moonwalk album. The album consists of Normal Edition and First Press Limited Edition, which comes with a bonus DVD containing five music videos, one-hour music special, and interview footage.
On November 30, JPM released their second studio album entitled 365 under the same label, Sony Music Taiwan. They use "Love" as the main theme of this album. In other words, each song is used to describe different types and stages of love. In addition with the theme of love, 365 album also emphasized the "Golden Triangle" concept to capture each members' individual firm and confidence and also to represent their strong brotherhood. According to Sony Music, JPM said: "We are the Golden triangle, the best ally and best friend" (「我們是黃金鐵三角，是最好的戰友也是最好的朋友」). Demonstrating the trio's mastery of a multitude of music styles, the new album's track list includes an electro-dance K-Pop-styled titular song "365 Days" especially produced by Korean producers. Moreover, the track list also includes a solo song for each member, and a collaboration with Kimberley Chen entitled "Internet". Once again, Qiu contributed to the album as he is the lyricist of its main song, 365 days.
In August 2013, Qiu was also cast in Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf stage drama as "the wolf".
Solo songs from JPM
- "佔為己有" (For Himself) - from Moonwalk (album)
- "一個人也好" (It is Fine To Be Alone) - from 365 (album)
- 2008: "對不起 Dui Bu Qi" (I'm Sorry) - from The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries OST
- 2010: "如果可以早一點 Rú Guǒ Kěyǐ zǎo yīdiǎn" (If a little earlier) - from Kung Fu Hip Hop 2 (精舞門2) OST with Chen Bo Lin and Zhou Qiqi
|2010||1st||Dance Can Be Replaced with Liao Xiao Jie
|2007||"Great First Experience (夏日初體驗)"||
|2009||"Too Young (太青春)"||
|"I'm Dumb (我太笨)"||lyrics|
|"I Am Legend (我是傳奇)"||
|"Noisy Silence (吵鬧的沉默)"||lyrics|
|"Tell Me (說說)"||song and lyrics|
|2011||"Don't Wake Up (不醒來)"||
|"因為有你" (Because of You)||lyrics|
|"喜歡妳好久" (Loved you for a long time)||lyrics|
|Never Give Up||lyrics|
|"再一次擁有"||song and lyrics|
Music Video Appearances
|Years||English Title||Original Title||Character/Role|
|2007||"Sister is Coming" (Lollipop idol drama)||棒棒堂偶像劇《姐姐來了》||Male lead|
|Brown Sugar Macchiato||黑糖瑪奇朵 (黑糖玛奇朵) (Hei Tang Ma Qi Duo)||Wang Zi/Prince|
|"Love Is Here" (Lollipop idol drama)||棒棒堂偶像劇《愛情來了》||Supporting Character - waiter|
|They Kiss Again||惡作劇2吻 (恶作剧2吻) (O Tso Chu 2 Wen or E Zuo Ju 2 Wen)||Ah Nuo|
|2008||The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries||黑糖群俠傳 (黑糖群侠传) (Hei Tang Qun Xia Chuan)||Linghu Cong|
|2010||Gloomy Salad Days||死神少女 (Si Shen Shao Nu)||Huang He 黃禾|
|2011||33 Gu Shi Guan - Fake Chocolate||假面巧克力 (Jia Mian Qiao Ke Li)||Qiu Ke Li|
|2012||As the Bell Rings||課間好時光一年二班||Cameo (Ep.1)|
|Ti Amo Chocolate||愛上巧克力 (Ai Shang Qiao Ke Li)||Wang Zi Yi 王子翊|
|Just Like Small Flowers||像小朵一样||JJ|
|2013||As the Bell Rings 2nd season||課間好時光一年二班(第二季)||Lo Mi-ou(Romeo), Cameo|
|Year||English Title||Original Title||Role||Date(s)|
|2013||Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf||大紅帽與小野狼(劇場版)||Wolf||August 29, 2013 to September 1, 2013|
|Gyashan Lollipop||Channel V Taiwan||October 27, 2007 to April 19, 2008|
|"我愛男子漢"||超視||January 6, 2012 to April 7, 2012|
|"给力男子漢"||四川衛視||September 22, 2012|
- 2011年2月 傳奇星2011寫真記事 - Legendary Star Memo 2011
|2007||與鬼鬼獲得最佳螢幕情侣 黑糖瑪奇朵||Best onscreen couple (with Gui Gui) in Brown Sugar Macchiato|||
|2008||Yes! Magazine 2008 Annual (Yes!Magazine 2008年度最夢幻男情人(台中)(第二名)(王子))||Top Dream Lover Boy - 2nd place|||
|2010||(2010台灣無名小站花美男第一名)||Taiwan Flower Boy Wretch - 1st Place|||
|"Metro Radio Mandarin Hits Music Awards Presentation" (新城國語力頒獎禮)||Popular Dance Song Award for Dance Can Be Replaced (with Liao Xiao Jie)|||
|Idol Award (with Liao Xiao Jie)|||
|Seventh Hit Golden King Awards (第七屆勁歌王金曲金榜)||Best Dance Song Award for Dance Can Be Replaced (with Liao Xiao Jie)|||
|Idol Award (with Liao Xiao Jie)|||
|Chinese Golden Melody Awards (華語金曲獎)||Outstanding Dance Song Singers (with Liao Xiao Jie)|||
|Network Popular Singers (with Liao Xiao Jie)|||
|2011||2011年 閃亮之星||Shining Star|||
- "Wang Zi Official Facebook account".Facebook.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "JPM Official Facebook account".Facebook.Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "Liao Xiao Jie Official Facebook account".Facebook.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Qiu Mao Di Official Facebook Account".Facebook.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Formation of JPM".Lollipop (a.k.a. Bang Bang Tang).Retrieved.2013-05-20.
- (Chinese)"Lollipop F Website in Gold Typhoon".GoldTyphoon.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- 模范棒棒堂. Channel [V]. Taiwan, 2006. Television.
- (Chinese)"棒棒糖".Chinaw3.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Repackaged boy group JPM gets ready to launch".Cpopaccess.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "A Legend Star Entertainment Official Facebook Account".Facebook.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Wang Zi's bio ".JpopAsia.Retrieved 2013-06-12/
- (Chinese)"邱勝翊".Chinese Wikipedia.Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- 毛弟 王子私生活大突击. 2006. Variety Show.
- "JPM’s Prince Always in the Spotlight".jaynestars.com.Retrieved.2013-05-23
- "邁向演藝聖堂 棒棒堂六男確定!!". 模范棒棒堂. Season 1. Episode 76. 2006-11-27
- "男孩徵選北區特集". 模范棒棒堂. Season 1. Episode 2. 2006.
- "男孩徵選北區特集". 模范棒棒堂. Season 1. Episode 1. 2006-08-14.
- (Chinese)"棒棒糖".Chinaw3.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Colorful Lollipop (EP+DVD)- Lollipop Introduction".Yesasia.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Lollipop. Colorful Lollipop. 2007. CD.
- Lollipop. Summer's First Experience. 2007. CD.
- "EMI Music Taiwan".
- (Chinese)"黑糖瑪奇朵電視小說".Books.com.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- 黑糖瑪奇朵.FTV. Taiwan, 2007. Television.
- "棒棒堂怎麼可能紅到香港去". 康熙來了. 2007-10-03.
- Lollipop & Hey Girl. Brown Sugar Macchiato OST. 2007.CD.
- (Chinese) "谁有吴映洁的最新资料".SOSO.Retrieved.2013-05-24
- They Kiss Again. Dir. Chu Yu-ning. Perf. Ariel Lin, Joe Cheng, and Jiro Wang. 2007. TV Series.
- "Mingpao.com" (in Chinese).棒棒堂襲港Fans迫爆7層商場
- "LOLLIPOP香港行特別企劃". 模范棒棒堂. Season 1. Episode 308. 2006-10-17.
- "小女孩孤單的煩惱". LOLLIPOP哪裡怕. Episode 1. 2007-10-27.
- "小女孩孤單的煩惱". LOLLIPOP哪裡怕. 2008-04-19.
- Lollipop. 哪裡怕. 2007. CD.
- "Taipei Times Online".Album sales (week of 28 December 2007)
- (Chinese)"夢想出發 閃耀小巨蛋演唱會 (DVD)".Yesasia.Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Five Music Online".5 Music Taiwan Week 24 chart
- "G-Music Online".G-Music Taiwan Week 27 chart
- "Five Music Online".5 Music Taiwan Week 25 chart
- "畢業升級總評比 (上)". 模范棒棒堂. Season 1. Episode 529. 2008-08-25.
- "畢業升級總評比 (中)". 模范棒棒堂. Season 1. Episode 530. 2008-08-26.
- "棒棒堂二軍正選名單公佈 (下)". 模范棒棒堂. Season 1. Episode 533. 2008-08-29.
- 棒棒堂. Taiwan, 2007-2008. Television
- "The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries TV Original Soundtrack (OST) (Limited Edition) (Autographed Version)".Yesasia.Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Lollipop & Hey Girl.The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries.2008.CD
- "The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries TV Original Soundtrack (OST) (Version 2)".Yesasia.Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Sina news".第四十五屆金馬獎頒獎典禮暨星光大道衛視電影台獨家直播
- "Choc7".Jpopasia.Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Choc7. Too Young. 2009. CD.
- "I Am Legend (Limited Edition)".Yesasia.Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Lollipop. I Am Legend. 2009. CD.
- "The Liberty Times".棒棒堂2009《我是傳奇》亞洲巡迴演唱會七月開唱
- 愛到底(第六號瀏海). 2009.
- "HiNetNews".棒棒堂摸黑搬家 甩不掉跟蹤粉絲
- "The Liberty Times".棒棒堂4對2 王子小傑攆出門
- "2010-07-08 傳奇星facebook ~ 棒棒堂王子小傑[舞可取代]MV完整首播".YouTube.Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- (Chinese)"王子&小傑香港開唱人氣火爆 苦練Jolin折手舞答謝粉絲".Yahoo Taiwan.Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- (Chinese)"2010年度新城國語力頒獎禮得獎名單".Chinese Wikipedia.
- (Chinese)"維基百科".KKBox.Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "20100902 華語金曲獎2010盛典--王子 小傑獲獎".56.Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Repackaged boy group JPM gets ready to launch".PopAsia.Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- (Chinese)"Moonwalk details".KKBox.Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- JPM. Moonwalk. 2011. CD
- Kung Fu Hip Hop 2. Taiwan, 2010. Television.
- Honey PuPu. Taiwan, 2010. Television.
- Xi You Ji. Taiwan, 2010. Television.
- Gloomy Salad Days. PTS. Taiwan, 2010. Television.
- 33 Gu Shi Guan - Fake Chocolate. STV. Taiwan, 2011. Television.
- (Chinese)"邱翊橙".Baidu.Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "MOONWALK (ALBUM+DVD)(First Press Limited Edition)(Japan Version)".YesAsia.Retrieved.2013-05-21
- (Chinese)"365 Details".Yahoo.Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "365 (Evolution Edition)".YesAsia.Retrieved.2013-05-21
- (Chinese)"365天進化 JPM黃金三角能量啟動".YahooTaiwan.Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- (Chinese)"JPM全裸黏TT 感情好大呼「好膩喔！」".KKBox.Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- JPM. 365. 2013. CD.
- (Chinese)"365".KKBox.Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf Official Facebook page".Facebook. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Liao Xiao Jie and Qiu Wang Zi. 舞可取代. 2010. CD.
- Yesasia.com The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries TV Original Soundtrack (OST) (Limited Edition). Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- SS501. I Am Legend. 2009. CD.
- "Story Of Pupu Soundtrack CD".CD Universe.Retrieved.2013-05-27.
- "CIRCUS不想say goodbye".YouTube.Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Cheng, Andy. 傳奇星2011寫真記事. N.p.: n.p., 2011. Print.
- "小傑、王子、毛弟甩棒棒堂組「JPM」拚韓流".KKBox.Retrieved 2013-06-12.