Wanhua Station Front
|Location||382 Kangding Rd.
|Distance||31.1 km from Keelung|
|Connections||200 m: Line 5 (BL10 Longshan Temple)|
|Classification||一等站 (Taiwan Railways Administration level)|
|Opened||August 25, 1901|
|Previous names||Bangka Station (艋舺站)|
|Passengers||8,786 daily (2014)|
The station is divided into east and west buildings. The station entrance, lobby, and ticket counters are located in the west building. The station exit, parcel center, and offices are located in the east building. The station is equipped with one island platform and one side platform, both underground.
Although not constructed yet, the station is built with a foundation for a twenty-story building. The station allows payment using the EasyCard for stations between Zhongli and Keelung, as well as between Ruifang and Hsinchu.
- August 25, 1901: The station opened as "Bangkah Station" (Japanese: 艋舺停車場?). It was located at the intersection of modern-day Zhonghua Rd. and Aiguo W. Rd.
- July 1, 1918: The station location was moved west to its current location.
- 1920: The station named was changed to Banka Station (萬華驛).
- January 22, 1921: Became a terminus with the opening of the TRA Shinten Line (modern-day Xindian Line) from Banka to Kōkan Station (公館) (Gongguan).
- March 24, 1954: The TRA Xindian Line ceased operations.
- September 19, 1988: As part of the Wanban Project (萬板專案) construction, the station front was changed.
- July 21, 1999: After the tracks were moved underground as part of the Taipei Railway Underground Project, the new east and west buildings begin service.
|1||1||■ West Coast Line (northbound)||toward Taipei, Songshan, Qidu, Keelung|
|■ West Coast Line (cross-line southbound)||toward Hualien, Taitung|
|2||2A||■ West Coast Line (northbound)
north/southbound cargo trains
|toward Taipei, Songshan, Qidu, Keelung|
|■ West Coast Line (cross-line southbound)
cross-line North/southbound cargo trains
|toward Hualien, Taitung|
|■ West Coast Line (northbound track)||Through service|
|■ West Coast Line (southbound track)||toward Taichung, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
|3||2B||■ West Coast Line (southbound)||toward Taichung, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
Around the Station
- Mengjia Longshan Temple
- Mengjia Junior High School
- Mengjia Park
- Nanhai Academy
- Shuangyuan Elementary School
- Taipei Metro Longshan Temple Station
- Wanhua District Administrative Center
- Xiyuan Elementary School
|Preceding station||Taiwan Railway Administration||Following station|
|West Coast Line||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TRA Wanhua Station.|
|This Taiwanese rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|