|Coordinates: 48°39′30″N 95°44′05″W / 48.65833°N 95.73472°W|
|Township||Grimstad Township and Mickinock Township|
|Elevation||1,109 ft (338 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||653768|
Wannaska is an unincorporated community in Roseau County, Minnesota, United States.
The community is located 13 miles south of Roseau on State Highway 89 (MN 89). Wannaska is located within Grimstad Township and Mickinock Township. Wannaska has a post office with ZIP code 56761.
Nearby places include Roseau and Hayes Lake State Park. The South Fork of the Roseau River flows through the community.
A post office called Wannaska has been in operation since 1896. According to Warren Upham, Wannaska is said to be the native Ojibwe name for the Roseau River.
The first organ built by the Moe Pipe Organ Company is located at Riverside Lutheran Church of Wannaska. It was installed in 2000, prior to the official start of the company.
- ^ "Wannaska, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- ^ "Roseau County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- ^ Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 474.
- ^ Moe Pipe Organs
- ^ Riverside Lutheran Church - Wannaska, MN - new 15 rank pipe organ
- ^ Opus 1 - Riverside Lutheran Church, Wannaska, MN