Want Want China
|Privately owned company (Taiwanese enterprise)|
|Traded as||(SEHK: 151)|
|Tsai Eng-Meng, Chairman and CEO|
|Products||snack foods, beverages|
|Parent||Want Want Holdings|
|Slogan||Fate, Confidence, Unison
|Website||Want Want China Holdings Limited|
Want Want China Holdings Limited (simplified Chinese: 中国旺旺控股有限公司; traditional Chinese: 中國旺旺控股有限公司; pinyin: Zhōngguó Wàngwàng Kònggǔ Yǒuxiàngōngsī) is the largest maker of rice cakes and flavored milk in China. It is also engaged in the manufacturing and sales of snack foods and beverages. The company's parent company is Want Want Holdings in Taiwan. Its headquarters are in Minhang District, Shanghai.
The company was established in 2007. It is incorporated in the Cayman Islands and headquartered in Shanghai. It was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2008 with its IPO price of HK$3.0 per share. According to Bloomberg, its largest shareholder is the founder Tsai Eng-Meng, and second largest is Iwatsuka Confectionery, based in Nagoya.
In 2010, the company saw a 5% increase in profits and net income had risen from $312.6 million to $358.5 million. Want Want China also reported that sales had risen 31% to $2.24 billion. In 2011 it announced a tie up with Marubeni, according to the Mainichi Shinbun.
In July 2012, Want Want China acquired China Network Systems Co (CNS).
The company sells Wang Zai (C: 旺仔, P: Wàng Zǎi) milk.
The rice cracker products the company sells in China, especially the fried rice crackers, have been very popular in Japan for years. Iwatsuka's indispensable contribution to Want Want China's success story was well described in a book. Rice cracker, as a food category, originates in Japan.
- Want Want China Holdings Ltd.
- Want Want Holdings to list in Hong Kong on Mar. 25
- "Contact material." Want Want China. Retrieved on April 11, 2014. "Want Want China Holdings Limited（Shanghai Headquarter） Add:No.1088,East Hong Song Road, Shanghai, PRC" - Simplified Chinese: "中国旺旺控股有限公司（上海总部） 地址:上海市红松东路 1088 号" - Traditional Chinese: " 中國旺旺控股有限公司（上海總部） 地址:上海市紅松東路1088號 郵編: 201103 "
- Want Want Shares Fall in Hong Kong Debut
- Bloomberg source
- "Want Want China Net Rises 15% on Demand for Snacks, Milk - Bloomberg". bloomberg.com. 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "NCC to consider holding hearing for Want Want purchase". China Post. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "Fly found in Wang Zai milk." People's Daily. July 31, 2012. Retrieved on April 11, 2014.
- Want Want Group - products, Amazon Japan