WarBirds is a Massively Multiplayer Online and offline World War II simulation, published by iEntertainment Network. The game includes an air combat flight simulator as well as a simulator for tanks and other ground vehicles. WarBirds was originally developed in 1995 by Interactive Creations of Grapevine. and inspired a fan cult and conventions, and a book titled WarBirds: the Story so far. WarBirds III was released for Mac and PC in 2002, and WarBirds: The Mighty Eight was released in 2007. An even more recent version, WarBirds 2008 has been produced and includes tanks, trucks, halftracks, new aircraft including the A-67 dragon, and new graphics.
In 1999 some of the original development team, including John "Killer" MacQueen, Rodney "Hatch" Hodge, and Chris "Mo" Sherland, went on to form Cornered Rat Software where they developed WWII Online. Others followed Dale "HiTech" Addink to form HiTech Creations and develop Aces High.
- "WarBirds III (PC)". CNet Reviews. 17 May 2002. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "J.W. STEALEY - iENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC". The Wall Street Transcript. 18 February 2002. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Slayton, Joyce (25 August 1999). "WarBirds: The Book". Wired. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Horowitz, Josh (18 June 2002). "Warbirds III PC review". Adrenaline Vault. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "Fly WWII Bombers At Home". Game Pro. 24 November 2000. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "Mac Gaming News - WarBirds: The Mighty Eighth Coming in 2007; Tiger Woods 2005 Hits Beta". Mac Observer. 1 June 2005. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
|This vehicle simulation game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This online game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|