War at the Wall Street Journal
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
War at the Wall Street Journal is the first book released by author and journalist Sarah Ellison, published on May 12, 2010. The book is an account of Rupert Murdoch's purchase of the paper from the Bankroft family in 2007. Ellison, a former Journal reporter, was at the paper during the takeover.
War at the Wall Street Journal was met with mostly positive reviews. It was profiled in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Financial Times, Publisher's Weekly, Booklist, and others. Ellison was particularly praised for her storytelling style, with The New York Times saying that the book was a "definitive, indeed cinematic, account."
- "Paper Chase" NYTimes.com, May 21, 2010
- "Media Notes:one editor's balancing act on the high wire of modern journalism" Washingtonpost.com, May 10, 2010
- "We Read it So You Don't Have to: War at the Wall Street Journal." Newsweek.com, May 3 2010
- "War@WSJ: New Book Pulls Back Blankets on Murdoch's Capture of the Journal." NYTimes.com, January 19, 2010
- Amazon link for War at the Wall Street Journal