Warbelow's Air Ventures
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Hubs||East Ramp of Fairbanks International Airport|
|Subsidiaries||Northern Alaska Tour Company|
Air Arctic, Inc.
|Fleet size||16 (inc. 9 operated by Air Arctic)|
|Headquarters||Fairbanks, Alaska, USA|
|Key people||Marvin E. Warbelow (founder)|
Art Warbelow (owner)
Warbelow's Air Ventures is an American regional airline based in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA. It operates domestic scheduled passenger, charter, and tour services as well as flight tours, mostly throughout Interior Alaska. Its base is Fairbanks International Airport. It is affiliated with Sukapak, Inc.
The company was founded by Marvin E. Warbelow in 1958. It operated as 40-Mile Air (in reference to the Fortymile River) from 1970 to 1989, when it was split into two companies by Marvin's sons Charlie and Art. The base in Fairbanks, Alaska operated by Art Warbelow then assumed the name Warbelow's Air Ventures, Inc.. The base in Tok, Alaska continued to operate under the 40-Mile Air, Ltd. name. It was subsequently sold by Charlie Warbelow and continues to operate, mostly serving destinations along the Alaska portion of the Alaska Highway.
- Anaktuvuk Pass (AKP) - Anaktuvuk Pass Airport
- Beaver (WBQ) - Beaver Airport
- Bettles (BTT) - Bettles Airport
- Central (CEM) - Central Airport
- Chalkyitsik (CIK) - Chalkyitsik Airport
- Circle (IRC) - Circle City Airport
- Fairbanks (FAI) - Fairbanks International Airport (hub)
- Fort Yukon (FYU) - Fort Yukon Airport
- Manley (MLY) - Manley Airport
- Minto (MNT) - Minto Airport
- Rampart (RMP) - Rampart Airport
- Stevens Village (SVS) - Stevens Village Airport
- Tanana (TAL) - Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport
- "Federal Aviation Administration - Airline Certificate Information - Detail View". av-info.faa.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- "About Us". Warbelow's Air Ventures, Inc. Archived from the original on 2008-09-28. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- FAA registry - "Warbelow"
- FAA registry - "Air Arctic"
- "2007-10-6". U.S. Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "2008-7-20 Order Selecting Carrier and Establishing Subsidy Rates". U.S. Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "2008-9-20 Order Selecting Carrier". U.S. Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "Daily Schedule". Warbelow's Air. Retrieved 2018-03-25.