Crytek UK (Xbox 360)
|Publisher(s)||‹See Tfd› ‹See Tfd› ‹See Tfd› ‹See Tfd›|
|Release date(s)||Microsoft Windows
October 21, 2013
April 22, 2014
Warface is a free-to-play online first-person shooter developed by Crytek Kiev and co-produced by Crytek Seoul and Crytek Frankfurt with Crytek UK developing the Xbox 360 port. The game was developed with Crytek's CryEngine 3. The Xbox 360 port was discontinued on February 1, 2015.
As players play and complete matches, they will earn experience points (XP), Warface Dollars ($), and vendor points (VP); how much is earned varies depending on the number of players in the lobby (in order to prevent or reduce potential boosting among players), how quickly the match is finished, and the amount of score and kills. Warface Dollars can be used to purchase certain weapons and items for the player's classes, while Vendor points contribute toward unlocking new items for purchase in one of three categories: Weapons, Outfits, and Equipment. Booster packs are available for sale in the in-game store, allowing the player to earn additional XP, $, and VP.
Warface was originally aimed for a release in mainland China, but in August 2011 Crytek announced that the game would be hitting the Western markets in 2012. Later on in February 2012, the game was announced to be published by Nexon in South Korea and Taiwan. The game is currently in an open beta stage on Mail.Ru's game client in Russia. In July 2012, Trion Worlds announced it will be publishing the game in the United States, New Zealand, Turkey, Australia, and Europe. Warface closed beta started on January 17, 2013.
In August 2012, it was announced that Warface could possibly be coming to consoles in the near future. In August 28, 2013, Crytek announced that Warface would come to Xbox 360 in early 2014. The game was released for the Xbox 360 on April 22, 2014. However, on December 3, 2014, Crytek announced that the Xbox 360 version of the game would be shut down. New sign up was shut down after the announcement, but existing players could still play the game until 11:59 pm on January 30th 2015. The servers shut down at midnight on February 1st 2015, making multiplayer no longer accessible to Xbox LIVE users.
- Tan, Nicholas (3 December 2014). "Crytek Discontinuing Warface on Xbox 360". Gamerevolutin. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Crytek reveals Warface". Crytek. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Warface Announced for 2012 Release".
- "Nexon publishing Crytek's Warface in South Korea, Taiwan".
- "New parthnership with Trion Worlds". Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Warface free-to-play shooter closed beta launches today".
- "Warface could come to consoles". Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (28 August 2013). "Free-to-play FPS Warface coming to Xbox 360 in early 2014". Eurogamer. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Samit Sarkar (April 22, 2014). "Warface exits beta on Xbox 360 today". Polygon. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Earnest Cavalli (December 3, 2014). "Warface lays down its guns on Xbox 360". Joystiq. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Warface for PC". GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- "Warface for X360". GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- "Warface for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- "Warface for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-05-30.