In hacking, a wargame (or war game) is a cyber-security challenge and mind sport in which the competitors must exploit or defend a vulnerability in a system or application, or gain or prevent access to a computer system.
- Hackathon - computer programming marathon
- DEF CON - largest hacker convention
- Software Freedom Day - Linux and Open Source event
- Campus Party - massive LAN Party
- "Hurricane-Bound Hacker? Here's A Rainy Day Web-Hacking War Game". Forbes. 29 October 2012.
- "First Collegiate Pentesting Competition tackles cybersecurity problem differently".
- Hiep Nguyen Duc. "Cyber War Games: Top 3 Lessons Learned About Incident Response". eForensics.
- "Google Will Offer $1 Million In Rewards For Hacking Chrome In Contest". Forbes. 28 February 2012.
- WeChall – list of wargame websites
- security.stackexchange.com - hacking competitions
- CTFtime - worldwide CTF tracking site
|This computer security article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|