Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr
|Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Release||June 5, 2018 (PC), August 23 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)|
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr is an action role-playing video game developed by NeocoreGames, announced in 2015. It was released on June 5, 2018 on PC. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are scheduled to be released on a later date. It is set in the world established in wargaming franchise Warhammer 40,000 created by Games Workshop. The game focuses on an Inquisitor protagonist and the work of the Inquisition.
The gameplay uses a top-down camera and focuses heavily on action, both melee and ranged, it has a leveling system and different playable character classes. Based on this, the game has been frequently compared to Diablo. The game uses a cover system for both the players and enemies, and features destructible environments. The game can be played both solo and in co-op.
The game takes place in the fictional Caligari sector created by NeocoreGames specifically for the game.
- Makuch, Eddie (2015-07-16). "New PS4/Xbox One/PC Sandbox-Style Warhammer Action-RPG Announced". GameSpot. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Release Date Delayed on Console". Shacknews. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- Espineli, Matt (2015-09-29). "Warhammer 40K's Upcoming Action RPG Is Two Games in One". GameSpot. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "First gameplay from Warhammer 40K Diablo-like Inquisitor – Martyr revealed - VG247". VG247. 2016-06-21. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Warhammer 40K Crossed With Diablo Sounds Pretty Damn Good". Kotaku Australia. 2017-07-21. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr trailer delivers some 'mass destruction'". pcgamer. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Turn the Caligari Sector red in Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr". PCGamesN. Retrieved 2018-03-08.