Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade|
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Release||September 23, 2016|
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is a science fiction online third-person shooter video game based on Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 setting. The game was released on September 23, 2016 for Microsoft Windows, and will release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2017.
The game is a player versus player online multiplayer action shooter, with gameplay taking place on the planet of Arkhona.
Races and factions
- Space Marines: (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Imperial Fists, Dark Angels, Blood Angels), Legion of the Damned
- Chaos Space Marines: (Alpha Legion, Black Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors)
- Orks: (Goffs, Evil Sunz, Deathskulls, Blood Axes, Bad Moons)
- Eldar: (Altansar, Biel-Tan, Iyanden, Saim-Hann, Ulthwé)
The game features several races for players to choose from. Each race has its own variety of classes that are unique and recognizable to fans of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. In addition, all factions have "hero-classes" that are playable but cost in-game resources to use. The playable races include: Orks, Space Marines, Eldar, and Chaos Space Marines. The Tyranids are present in game as NPCs, being the primary enemies in the game's procedurally-created dungeons "Under worlds" and survival "Hives" game modes to provide a Player Versus Environment experience. The various other races from the universe, such as the Tau and Dark Eldar, will be added "over the game's lifetime", according to the developers.
- Shoota boy
- Slugga boy
- Damned Legionnaire
- Striking Scorpion
- Howling Banshee
- Dire Avenger
- Fire Dragon
- Dark Reaper
- Swooping Hawk
Chaos Space Marines
- Aspiring Sorcerer
- Traitor Assault
- Possessed Marine
Behaviour Interactive launched the founder program for Eternal Crusade on June 25, 2014. Similar to a pre-order program, people can buy packs before the game release, allowing them to get the full game key, and several bonuses, like in-game currency, unique items, etc.
The development team has released the closed Alpha on September 14, 2015 to its founders. The objective of the closed Alpha is to test the shooter part of the game, before releasing all the persistence and progression features.
During the current closed Alpha period, the game was only available on Microsoft Windows platforms. The game is now available via Steam. Paying players who purchase a copy of the full game will be able to play as all classes from all factions.
- Matulef, Jeffery (January 26, 2016). "Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade due this summer on PC and consoles". Eurogamer. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Factions at War, "EternalCrusade.com"
- Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Launches Founder Program, "GameSpot"
- Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade - Founder Store, "Eternal Crusade"
- State of the Crusade VII, "EternalCrusade.com"
- State of the Crusade VIII, "EternalCrusade.com"