|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Height||682 m (2,238 ft) |
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Permodalan Nasional Bhd.|
When completed in 2020, the tower will be the tallest building in Malaysia and 6th tallest in the world, consisting of 400,000 square metres (4,305,564 sq ft) of residential, hotel and commercial space, succeeding the 88 storey Petronas Twin Towers.
The building consists of 100 storeys of rentable space, in turn consisting of 80 storeys of office space, 12 storeys of hotel, 5 storeys of hotel residences and a retail business center. The non-rentable space consists of elevators, recreational and maintenance facilities, as well as parking levels for up 5,000 bays. 60 out of the 80 storeys of office space will be reserved for Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB), the developer of the project, and its subsidiaries.
The tower is within the vicinity of Plaza Rakyat, MBSKL, Stadium Merdeka and Stadium Negara. The KL118 development, when completed, will have access to MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line which is part of the Klang Valley Public Transport System.
Permodalan Nasional Bhd has shortlisted 6 groups for various construction jobs such as UEM Group Bhd-Samsung, IJM Corp Bhd-Norwest Holdings Sdn Bhd- Shimizu Corp, Malaysian Resources Corp Bhd-China State Construction Engineering Corp, WCT Bhd-Arabtec Construction LLC, TSR Capital Bhd-Daewoo Group, and Seacera Group Bhd-Spaz Sdn Bhd-Sinohydro Corp-Shanghai Construction Group. These companies are to submit their engineering, procurement and construction bids by January 28, 2014.
Many have criticised this project, saying that it is a wasteful project and the RM5 billion funds could have been used for other causes like poverty, education and roads.
- List of buildings with 100 floors or more
- List of tallest buildings in Kuala Lumpur
- Azerbaijan Tower
- Baoneng Shenyang Global Financial Center
- China Zun
- Gezhouba International Plaza
- India Tower
- Kingdom Tower
- Suzhou IFS
- World One
- Super User. "PTLM - Malaysia's Leading Property Industry News Site - Syed Mokhtar plans new 110-storey skyscraper in Jalan Sultan Ismail". ptlm.com.my.
- "Warisan Merdeka". CTBUH. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "Warisan Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur - Building 1221285 - EMPORIS". Emporis. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- PM: 100-storey Warisan Merdeka to generate economic opportunities for all. TheStar.com.my
- RM500bil Warisan Merdeka will be country’s new landmark. TheStar.com.my
- "Business". NST Online.
- "New PNB skyscraper to meet the demand for space - Daily Express Newspaper Online, Sabah, Malaysia.". dailyexpress.com.my.
- "Underground jewels for the Klang Valley MRT - Features - The Star Online". thestar.com.my.
- "Pintaras shares up after bagging RM74mil Warisan Merdeka job - Business News - The Star Online". thestar.com.my.
- "KL118 Tower boon". NST Online.