Warlords of Utopia
|Cover artist||Steve Johnson|
|Publisher||Mad Norwegian Press|
|Media type||Print (Trade Paperback)|
|Preceded by||Of the City of the Saved...|
|Followed by||Warring States|
Parkin developed the idea for a Doctor Who book that was not published. The published version is his second attempt to write it for Faction Paradox. The first was turned down by editor Lawrence Miles.
The glorious Roman Empire has ruled for nearly twenty-seven centuries when Marcus Americanius Scriptor acquires a strange bracelet from a mysterious stranger. With this bracelet, he finds he is able to travel to alternate Romes, worlds where the course of history has diverged from that with which he is familiar. And further out, worlds where there is no Roman Empire at all, and a cruel new regime in Germania is on a path of conquest. This cannot be permitted.
Other alternate history novels based on the survival of the Roman Empire to the present day:
- ISFDB listing for Warlords of Utopia
- Locus listing for Warlords of Utopia
- "Discontinuity Guide - Warlords of Utopia". Archived from the original on 28 October 2007.
- BBC interview with Parkin
- Official Preview to the novel
- Warlords of Utopia at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- Warlords of Utopia reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide - fan reviews
|This article about a 2000s science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.