|Developer(s)||Sam Jordan, Hans-Joerg Frieden, Thomas Frieden|
|Stable release||53.22 / May 22, 2013|
Warp3D is now owned by A-EON.
Its design was similar to that of both the Picasso96 graphics card drivers and operated in a similar fashion to the 3dfx Glide API, which provided a uniform and standardised way for programmers to create software for the 3D graphics cards that were available at the time.
It was hoped that the creation of this API would not only encourage the development and release of more 3D graphics cards, but also move away from the situation where a new piece of hardware had been developed with no software available to run on it. If the particular piece of software used the Warp3D API (enabled through a shared library), any current or newly developed hardware would be able to be used.
Warp3D requires the following in order to work properly
- An AmigaOS compatible system with CyberGraphX or Picasso96, containing:
- At least a 040 processor with FPU for AmigaOS versions predating 4.0
- A PowerPC CPU for AmigaOS 4.0+
- Optionally PowerPC supported on WarpOS
- Any of these graphics cards: