By the time he was 32, Boyd had spent five years in prison after having been found guilty of nine DUIs. He was addicted to alcohol and cocaine, and had been in 26 rehab programs. After his girlfriend gave birth to their first child in 1990, he claimed that when he first held his infant daughter that he realized that he must achieve sobriety.
- Lenneman, Fritz. "Q&A with Warren Boyd, Co-Executive Producer of The Cleaner". oprah.com. Retrieved July 5, 2009.
- "Love Says Gibson Helped Her Get Sober". FOXNews.com. November 1, 2006. Retrieved July 5, 2009.
- Abromowitz, Rachel; Calvo, Dana (April 14, 2002). "The straight men". theage.com.au. Retrieved July 5, 2009.
- "Is Spears Mel Gibson's latest rehab project?". sfgate.com. May 27, 2008. p. E-5. Retrieved July 5, 2009.
- Friedman, Roger (February 5, 2007). "FOXNews.com - Whitney Houston Preparing for Her Comeback". FOXNews.com. Retrieved July 5, 2009.