Warren County Technical School
|Warren County Technical School|
|1500 Route 57
Washington, NJ 07882
|Type||Vocational public high school|
|School district||Warren County Vocational School District|
|Enrollment||483 (as of 2014-15)|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.5:1|
|Color(s)||Navy blue, Columbia blue and White|
Warren County Technical School is a technical and vocational public high school located in Washington, which serves students in ninth through twelfth grades as well as adult learners from across Warren County, New Jersey, United States, as part of the Warren County Vocational School District. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools since 1996.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 483 students and 46.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 10.5:1. There were 118 students (24.4% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 40 (8.3% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
In addition to students in its full-time high school programs, the school also serves 150 adult students in the fields of Licensed Practical Nursing, Cosmetology, HVAC, Welding, and Black Seal Certification.
Awards, recognition and rankings
Schooldigger.com ranked the school tied for 190th out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (an increase of 72 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the two components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA), mathematics (75.5%) and language arts literacy (96.1%).
Facilities and programs
Warren County Technical School completed construction of a 150,000-square-foot (14,000 m2) addition that included the creation of a theater for the use of the school's performing arts program. The total cost was $6.7 million.
High school programs
- Electrical Applications
- Law and Public Safety
- Dramatics and Theater Arts
- Television, Radio, and Digital Media
- Health Sciences
- Automotive Technology
- Carpentry and General Construction
- Business Management
- Hospitality and Culinary Arts
- Commercial Graphic Arts
- Child Development
- Fire Science
The Warren Tech Knights compete in 10 interscholasgtic athletic programs:
- Fall: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys and Girls Soccer, Volleyball
- Winter: Boys and Girls Basketball, Cheerleading
- Spring: Baseball, Softball
- School data for Warren County Vocational Technical School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Warren County Technical School, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools. Accessed January 5, 2012.
- School overview, New Jersey Council of County Vocational–Technical Schools. Accessed January 21, 2013.
- School Overview; Click on "Rankings" for 2003-11 HSPA results, Schooldigger.com. Accessed March 10, 2012.
- Athletics, Warren County Technical School. Accessed February 21, 2017.
- Warren County Technical School
- Warren County Technical School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for Warren County Technical School, National Center for Education Statistics