Warren Faidley (born May 11, 1957) is an American storm chaser. Faidley is credited as the world's first full-time professional storm chaser.
Faidley is a graduate from University of Arizona and Pima Community College.
His very first tornado chase landed him in Saragosa, Texas a small community that had been swept away by a violent F4 tornado on May 22, 1987. His professional career was launched in October 1988 after he took a photograph of lightning hitting a light pole in an oil and gasoline tank farm in Tucson, Arizona. The image was published in Life Magazine, billing him as a "Storm Chaser”.
In 1997 Faidley was the subject of Stephen Kramer's book Eye of the Storm.
- Kramer, Stephen P. (1999). Eye of the Storm: Chasing Storms with Warren Faidley. Penguin USA. ISBN 0-698-11766-2.
- Faidley, Warren (2006). Storm Chaser eBook edition: A Lifelong Quest to Find the Perfect Storm. Weatherstock Inc. ISBN 1888763000.
- Faidley, Warren (2006). The Ultimate Storm Survival Handbook. Weatherstock Inc. ISBN 1-4016-0285-1.
- Harris/Faidley (2005). Voyages: Wild Weather - Chase the Planet's Wildest Weather with "Cyclone Cowboy" Warren Faidley. Kingfisher Books Ltd. ISBN 0-7534-1184-9.
- Faidley, Warren (2018). Wicked Weather - A Visual Essay of Extreme Storms. Amherst Media. ISBN 1682033465.