Warren Mott High School
|Warren Mott High School|
|3131 12 Mile Road
Warren, Michigan 48092
|School district||Warren Consolidated Schools|
|Teaching staff||66.7 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||27.38|
|Color(s)||Maroon and White|
|Athletics conference||Macomb Area Conference|
Warren Mott High School is a Blue Ribbon school located in Warren, Michigan on 12 Mile Road between Ryan Road and Dequindre Road. It is a part of Warren Consolidated Schools district. WMHS is one of three high schools in the district. WMHS's main rival is Cousino High School, which is also a Warren Consolidated Schools high school.
In late 2003 the building went through renovations. The school board bought St Paul Albanian Catholic Church turning it to a new performing arts center. The renovations included many important security measures to assure the safety of staff and students alike. Also in the renovations was a newly designed front entrance, climate control systems in the rooms, and new windows in every room that can serve as a fire escape in the event of an emergency.
During the 2011 Michigan education budget cuts, Warren Mott High School became, according to Michigan Legislature, the most concerned school, attracting the attention of 12 Mile traffic with the Go Red for Public Ed protests.
Warren Mott went through various renovations during Summer 2011, including complete parking lot change, roof repair, and technology upgrade. These renovations were funded by the millage passed in November 2009.
The demographic breakdown of the 1,826 students enrolled for the 2012-2013 school year was:
- Male - 53.2%
- Female - 46.8%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.5%
- Asian/Pacific islander - 11.7%
- Black - 13.9%
- Hispanic - 0.8%
- White - 71.2%
- Multiracial - 1.9%
In addition, 63.3% of the students qualified for free or reduced lunches.
The "Marauder Music Machine", is put together from four smaller bands of different musical levels; Cadet, Concert, Symphonic, and Wind Ensemble. The marching band has received division one ratings for the past five years at the MSBOA Marching Band Festival for their half time show performances. They have been featured numerous times on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and the Jazz band has also played at the 2008 Detroit Jazz Festival.
- Gregg Bissonette, musician
- Matt Bissonette, musician
- Rachel Komisarz, Olympic Swimmer (medalist)
- Dean Hamel, Professional Football Player, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys
- Norm Wells, American football player
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Warren Mott High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Warren Mott High School Overview". EDUCATION High Schools. US News and World Reports. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Warren Mott High School Student Body". EDUCATION High Schools. US News and World Reports. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Warren Mott High School Test Scores". EDUCATION High Schools. US News and World Reports. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- USA Church. "St Paul Albanian Catholic Church - Churches - Warren Michigan". USA Church. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Home". USA Swimming. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Dean Hamel athletic career, photos, articles, and videos". Fanbase. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
|This Michigan school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|