Warren Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
|Warren Township, Trumbull County, Ohio|
Location of Warren Township in Trumbull County
|• Total||14.5 sq mi (37.7 km2)|
|• Land||14.4 sq mi (37.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||892 ft (272 m)|
|• Density||542.4/sq mi (209.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087047|
Warren Township is located at 41°14'18" North, 80°48'52" West (41.238206, -80.814554). Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships and village:
- Champion Township - north
- Bazetta Township - northeast corner
- Howland Township - east
- Weathersfield Township - southeast
- Lordstown - south
- Newton Township - southwest corner
- Braceville Township - west
- Southington Township - northwest corner
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 14.5 square miles (37.5 km²), of which, 14.5 square miles (37.5 km²) of it is land and none of the area is covered with water.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.