Warrior Baek Dong-soo
|Warrior Baek Dong-soo|
Promotional poster for Warrior Baek Dong-soo
|Also known as||The Warrior, Baek Dong-soo|
|Written by||Kwon Soon-kyu|
|Directed by||Lee Hyun-jik
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||29|
|Running time||Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 (KST)|
|Original channel||Seoul Broadcasting System|
|Original run||4 July 2011– 10 October 2011|
|Preceded by||Lie to Me|
|Followed by||A Thousand Days' Promise|
|SBS official website|
Warrior Baek Dong-soo (Hangul: 무사 백동수; RR: Mu-sa Baek Dong-su) is a 2011 South Korean fusion historical/action television series starring Ji Chang-wook, Yoo Seung-ho, Yoon So-yi, Shin Hyun-bin, Choi Min-soo and Jun Kwang-ryul. It aired on SBS from July 4 to October 10, 2011 on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 29 episodes. Based on the 2010 comic Honorable Baek Dong-soo by Lee Jae-heon, the series is about how Joseon historical figure Baek Dong-soo grew to become a swordsman and folk hero. Baek was one of the three authors of Muyedobotongji, a pivotal martial arts work commissioned by King Jeongjo. Set against the backdrop of political maneuverings in Joseon between different factions, namely those led by King Jeongjo, by the Qing ambassador, by the Japanese swordsman Kenzo, and the assassin's guild Heuksa Chorong, at its core the series is a coming-of-age drama about brotherhood, friendship, loyalty and honor.
- A carefree swordsman who alters the fate of the nation as a member of the royal guard.
- Son of Yeo Cho-sang. Dong-soo's friend and nemesis. He lives in the shadows as the mole for a mysterious assassin collective aiming to overthrow the dynasty.
- Yoon So-yi as Hwang Jin-joo (Lee Hye-in as young Jin-joo)
- Daughter of Ji and Kim Gwang-taek. Dong-soo's childhood friend.
- Shin Hyun-bin as Yoo Ji-sun
- Consort of Prince Sado, and later love interest of Dong-soo and Woon.
- Leader of assassin's guild Heuksa Chorong, and Yeo Woon's mentor.
- Jun Kwang-ryul as Kim Gwang-taek
- Joseon's top swordsman, and Dong-soo's mentor.
- Park Joon-gyu as Heuk Sa-mo
- Man who raised Dong-soo.
- Park Won-sang as Jang Dae-pyo
- Leader of the training camp where Dong-soo, Woon and Cho-rip learned martial arts.
- Lee Jin-ah as Jang-mi
- Heuk Sa-mo's love interest.
- Swordswoman, and love interest of Chun and Kim Gwang-taek. Mother of Jin-joo.
- Park Chul-min as In
- The third of the three leaders of Heuksha Chorong, along with Cheon and Ji.
- Joseon's Minister of State and the series' principal villain. He planned a coup but failed, and was executed with his son.
- Jung Ho-bin as Im Soo-woong
- Ahn Suk-hwan as Seo Yoo-dae
- A Joseon general and loyal ally of Prince Sado.
- Kim Dong-kyun as Boo Gwan
- Hong Dae-ju's incompetent deputy.
- Choi Jae-hwan as Yang Cho-rip (Shin Dong-woo as young Cho-rip)
- The third member of the trio of friends formed by Dong-soo and Woon.
- Uhm Hyo-sup as Baek Sa-king
- Kim Hee-jung as Park Shi
- Lee Kye-in as Yeo Cho-sang
- Yeo Woon's father.
- Sung Ji-roo as Hwang Jin-gi
- Man who raised Jin-joo as his daughter.
- Kim Da-yeon as Kim Hong-do
- Painter and ally of Dong-soo, romantically interested in Jin-joo.
- Kim Eung-soo as Yoo So-kang
- Ji Yoo as Jang Mi-so
- Daughter of Jang Dae-pyo, and later love interest of Cho-rip.
- Kang Sung as Hong Sa-hye
- Son of Hong Dae-ju.
- Choi Yoon-so as Goo-hyang
- Lee Si-eon as Dae-heung
- Lee Young-woo as Kenzo
- Choi Yoo-sung
- Kim, Hee-ju (20 June 2011). "On the set of SBS TV series The Warrior, Baek Dong-soo". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- Han, Yeo-wool (6 September 2011). "SBS series The Warrior, Baek Dong-soo extended by 6 episodes". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- Hong, Lucia (12 October 2011). "The Warrior Baek Dong-soo bows out atop Mon-Tues lineup for 13th win". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- Hwang, Hyo-jin (5 July 2011). "REVIEW: SBS TV series The Warrior, Baek Dong-soo - 1st Episode". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-02-25.