Warrior Dog Foundation
Warrior Dog Foundation is a non-profit organization (EIN: 46-2092762) located in the Cooper, Texas, United States that provides care and comfort to dogs that have ended their service supporting American troops. Its main goal is to give the dogs a place to live out their golden years having fun on a ranch with dignity and respect.
The foundation helps to transition dogs from an operational environment into its state-of-the-art kennel facility. The foundation educates the public on the importance of K-9s in the combat environment, and showcases the level of sacrifice these dogs give in support of U.S. troops. The foundation cares for each individual SOF K-9 with dignity and grace, including both mental and physical rehabilitation for the rest of their lives.
It was started in 2013, its kennel is located Cooper, Texas.
- Animals in War Memorial
- Dogs in warfare
- Dickin Medal
- Examples of dogs that gained notability in war
- 1st Military Working Dog Regiment
- War Dog Memorial (Bristol Township, Pennsylvania)
- "Exempt Organizations Select Check". Warrior Dog Foundation. IRS.
- Scout (26 June 2015). "The Warrior Dogs That Inspired 'Max'". Scout.
- Hall, Debbie (4 June 2014). "From California to Las Vegas to Colorado to Texas: Part of the journey of the Ford truck for the Warrior Dog Foundation". Community, Featured. Las Vegas Informer.
- "Warrior Dog Foundation". Linkedin. Retrieved 4 August 2015.