From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A warrior monk is a concept found in various cultures of a person who combines aspects of being a monk, such as deep religious devotion and an ascetic lifestyle, with being a warrior, trained to engage in violent conflict.
- Sōhei, a type of Japanese warrior.
- Knights Templar, Knights Hospitallers and Teutonic Knights, warriors during the Crusades.
- Shaolin Monastery, a Chinese monastery renowned for monks who were experts in the martial arts.
- The description of the ideal soldier in the manual of the First Earth Battalion.
- Nagas, a type of shaivite monks once served under Moghul commanders.
|This job-, occupation-, or vocation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|