Warriors of Might and Magic
|Warriors of Might and Magic|
North American PlayStation 2 cover art
|Developer(s)||The 3DO Company|
|Publisher(s)||The 3DO Company
|Series||Might and Magic|
Warriors of Might and Magic is an action role-playing game developed and released by The 3DO Company for the PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and Game Boy Color in 2000. The three versions, although they all follow a similar storyline, are each unique, especially the GBA version which is presented in 2D instead of 3D and has an almost completely different story.
Warriors of Might and Magic for the PlayStation 2 holds a generally unfavorable averaged review score of 49% on Metacritic. Joe Fielder from GameSpot awarded it a score of 3.6 out of 10, opining "there's a decent game hidden here somewhere; it just exists under many layers of detritus." IGN's Doug Perry awarded it a score of 5.0 out of 10, saying that it "hits the mark on a few cylinders, but its clumsy, redundant nature will put you to sleep, and for a videogame, which is by definition supposed to be 'entertaining', that's not a good sign." The PlayStation version was better received, earning a GameRankings score of 61.33%.
The game (in its versions for the PS and PS2) was followed by a direct sequel titled Shifters, released for the PlayStation 2 in 2002.
- "Warriors of Might and Magic for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- Fielder, Joe (2001-03-20). "Warriors of Might and Magic Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "Warriors of Might and Magic - IGN". Uk.ign.com. 2001-03-20. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "Warriors of Might and Magic for PlayStation". GameRankings. 2001-02-07. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- Official website
- Warriors of Might and Magic at MobyGames (PS2)
- Warriors of Might and Magic at GameFAQs (PS2)
- Polish fansite (Polish) (PS)