Warsame Ali (Somali: Warsame Cali, Arabic: وارسام علي) (born 1955, in Mogadishu) is a Somali scientist and assistant professor at Prairie View A&M University, specialized in aerospace technology. He has previously worked for NASA.
Ali graduated from the Somali National University, and in 1986, earned a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree at the King Saud University in Saudi Arabia. He received his Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) and doctorate degrees in the United States, where he joined Prairie View A&M University as a researcher and eventually a professor. Ali also has a summer program for Middle School and High School Kids at Prairie VIew A&M University.
- Testing and evaluation of various sensors for detection of ice on aircraft wings (1997)
- Use of the computer with DSP interface circuitry to recognize voice commands and issue appropriate control signals, funded by NASA (1997)
- Development and demonstration of a highly efficient hybrid vehicle with better than zero emission (2000)
- Outstanding Research instructor (1998)
- Dean's Award of teaching Computer application