Warsaw Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||7.47 sq mi (19.3 km2)|
|• Land||6.52 sq mi (16.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.95 sq mi (2.5 km2) 12.72%|
|Elevation||627 ft (191 m)|
|• Density||246.5/sq mi (95.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62330, 62354, 62358|
|GNIS feature ID||0429896|
Warsaw Township is one of twenty-five townships in Hancock County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,607 and it contained 790 housing units. Since November 15, 1855, the township has been co-extensive with the city of Warsaw.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 7.47 square miles (19.3 km2), of which 6.52 square miles (16.9 km2) (or 87.28%) is land and 0.95 square miles (2.5 km2) (or 12.72%) is water.
The township contains these three cemeteries: Catholic, Lutheran and Oakland.
- Nauvoo-Colusa Community Unit School District 325
- Warsaw Community Unit School District 316
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Warsaw Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Madison Township, Lee County, Iowa||Appanoose Township||Green Bay Township, Lee County, Iowa|
|Jefferson Township, Lee County, Iowa||Pontoosuc Township|
|Nauvoo Township||Sonora Township||Rock Creek Township|