|Warter shown within the East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Population||144 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Warter is a small village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) east of Pocklington on the B1246 road and 18 miles (29 km) from the city of York.
It is the location for Warter Priory which was an Augustine Priory dedicated to St James and founded in 1132 by Geoffrey Fitz-Pain. The chronicler Stephen Eyton was a canon there. It was dissolved in 1536 by Henry VIII. The dimensions of the St James' Church, Warter, cloister, and other buildings and the shape of their roofs were recorded along with details of the vestments and church plate. The church was 40 by 12 yards with a quire of 28 by 9 yards: the cloister 96 yards in circuit and 4 yards in breadth.
Warter has a primary school located on Addlekeld, the main street through Warter. The school is called Warter Church of England Primary School and most of its pupils transfer after Year 6 to Woldgate College in Pocklington.
- "Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics: Area: Warter CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Warter CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- "Historical Manuscripts Commission, 12th Report, Appendix, Part 4, Duke of Rutland". 1. 1888: 28–30.
- Historic England. "Church of St James (1346299)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Bigger Trees Near Warter Or/Ou Peinture Sur Le Motif Pour Le Nouvel Age Post-Photographique". Tate.org.uk. October 2009. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "Home". Warter C. E. Primary School. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Admission arrangements, co-ordinated schemes and protocols for school admissions 2015–2016" (PDF). East Riding of Yorkshire Council. p. 40. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Service 743/744". East Yorkshire Motor Services. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. p. 11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Warter.|