||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Not got time to fix this but it is a jumbled mess and need some serious copyediting/wikifying/reformats etc (January 2016)|
wakatak (वकाटक) , वैरदाखेट
|Nickname(s): संत्रानगरी , WARUD ORANGE CITY|
|• Type||Nagar Parishad Warud , Warud Municipal Council|
|• Body||Mayor - Municipal Council|
|• Member of Legislative Assembly||Dr. Anil Sukhdevrao Bonde(BJP)|
|• MP||Ramdas Tadas (BJP)|
|Elevation||392 m (1,286 ft)|
|• Rank||3 rd in district|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||MH-27 (Amravati)|
Warud has a population count of 41,005 (2001 census). The current population is higher (47,817, according to a 2006 estimate). Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Warud has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 74%. In Warud, 12% of the population is under 6. Warud is a Tehsil/Block in the Amravati District of Maharashtra. According to Census 2011 information the sub-district code of Warud block is 04007. There are about 136 villages in Warud block, which you can browse from villages list below.
Warud City is situated on the bank of river Chudamani. In ancient days it was a saying that Chudamani is the holy river containing milk flow. A religious Lord Shiva Temple is situated by the side of river Chudamani and now this temple is well known as Kedareshwar Temple. Warud makes the border between the state Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. The north side of Warud is surrounded by Satpuda Hill Ranges.This Satpuda hills separates Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. The weather in Warud is very cool in winter as well as it is very hot in summer. Warud is one of the most earning place in Amravati district of Maharashtra. Soil here is black and most suitable for cotton and oranges. It is full of Orange growing farms called as "Santra Bagicha".
List of Villages in Warud Tehsil
1. Ajitpur Bhapki 2. Aloda 3. Ambafata 4. Ambpend 5. Amdapur 6. Amner 7. Antarkhop 8. Asona 9. Babhulkheda 10. Bahada 11. Bargaon 12. Belkheda 13. Belora 14. Benoda 15. Beskheda 16. Bhalapur 17. Bhandoli Bk 18. Bhemdi 19. Chainpur 20. Chandas 21. Chinchargavhan 22. Dabhi 23. Daiwadi 24. Dawargaon 25. Deutwada 26. Dhaga 27. Dhamandhas 28. Dhanodi 29. Ekalvihir 30. Ekdara 31. Fattepur 32. Gadegaon 33. Gaulkheda 34. Gavhankund 35. Ghorad 36. Goregaon 37. Hanumantkhed 38. Haturna 39. Humanpeth 40. Isambari 41. Isapur 42. Ismailpur 43. Ittamgaon 44. Jamalpur 45. Jamgaon 46. Jamgaon Mahendri 47. Jamtal 48. Jamthi Ganeshpur 49. Jarud 50. Kachurna 51. Karajgaon 52. Karli 53. Karwar 54. Kasari 55. Kati 56. Kekatwada 57. Khadka 58. Khanapur 59. Khaperkheda 60. Kharad 61. Khedi 62. Kumbhikheda 63. Kumdara 64. Kurali 65. Linga 66. Loni 67. Mahapur 68. Mahendri 69. Malkapur 70. Malkhed 71. Mamdapur 72. Mangona 73. Mangruli 74. Mankapur 75. Mendhi 76. Milanpur 77. Mokvihir 78. Morangana 79. Morchund 80. Morshi Kh 81. Musalkheda 82. Nagziri 83. Namapur 84. Nandgaon 85. Natala 86. Naygaon 87. Palaswada 88. Palsona 89. Pandharghati 90. Pandhari 91. Pardi 92. Pawani 93. Pethmangruli 94. Pimpalkhuta 95. Pimpalshenda 96. Pimpalvihir 97. Pimplagad 98. Porgavhan 99. Pusla 100. Pusli 101. Rajura Bajar 102. Ramapur 103. Rasulpur 104. Rawala 105. Roshankheda 106. Saidapur 107. Satnoor 108. Sawanga 109. Sawangi 110. Shahapur 111. Shekapur 112. Shekdari 113. Shendurjana Ghat 114. Shingori 115. Shirpur 116. Surli 117. Suryakheda 118. Tarodi 119. Tembhani 120. Tembhurkheda 121. Tiwsa Ghat 122. Udapur 123. Urad 124. Wadala 125. Wadegaon 126. Wadhona 127. Waghal 128. Wai Bk 129. Wai Kh 130. Wandli 131. Wathoda 132. Wawruli 133. Wedhapur 134. Yerandwadi 135. Zatamziri 136. Zolamba
Warud Panchayat Samiti
There are 10 panchayat samiti circles in Warud Panchayat Samiti are as follows : 1) Amner 2) Benoda 3) Chandas-Wathoda 4) Haturna 5) Jarud 6) Loni 7) Pusala 8) Rajura bajar 9) Rawala 10) Tembhurkheda
Shendurjana Ghat, Warud and Morshi are three Nagar Palikas included in one Vidhansabha Matadarsangha (Morshi-Warud Constituency). Only constituency in Maharashtra including three Nagar Palika.
Warud is one of the important town in Amravati district as it is nearly equidistant from Amravati (85 km), Nagpur (105 km), Wardha (110 km) and Betul (90 km). Due to which there is fast development in Warud.Warud is the third largest population wise taluka in Amravati District followed by Amravati and Achalpur Talukas.
Places For Visit
- Warud - 1)It is the place of municipal council in warud taluka.
2)It is the biggest town of warud taluka. 3) There is an several ancient temples of Lord SHIVA in warud city A) Kedareshwar Temple - It is in the heart of the city.It is the most ancient temple built about 400 years ago. B) Pataleshwar Temple - It is inside the ground means in "pataal" .It is in Shaniwar peth region. C) Uttareshwar Temple - It is at beside of joganya mata mandir on the banks of river chudaman. 4) City has most numbers of "Santra Mandi" where daily 1000 metric tons of oranges are exported. 5) Navratri festival is very famous in warud city and taluka.There is joyful environment during festival.People arrange Dandiya & Garba during festival.There are about 90 - 100 sarvajanik mandals in only warud city. 6)People from village daily visit warud city for their official and private work.
- Shendurjana Ghat -1) It is the only place where the "Panheri" or Orange plant saplings are created and sold.
2) Orange fruit production is the main business of farmers. Almost all farmers are Orange and Panheri producers. 3) It is the place where the 'shendur' , 'kunku' colours are created, due to this it is named as SHENDURJANA. Nearby Shendurjana, in between Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh Border there are many turnings (Ghats)in Satpuda hill, so suffixed as GHAT. 4) It was the biggest market of CHILLIES all over Maharashtra. Because of lower market value of Chillies and higher labour wages farmers left growing chillies. 5) One of the Seven temples of "Mata Balasundari" (Childhood Avatar of "Maa Vaishno devi") in all over India, is located in Balapeth Area of Shendurjana Ghat. 6) Nagar Parishad or Municipal council of Shendurjana Ghat is older than that of Warud. 7) Shendurjana Ghat, Warud and Morshi are three Nagar Palikas included in one Vidhansabha Matadarsangha (Morshi-Warud Constituency). Only constituency in Maharashtra including three Nagar Palika.
- Vedhapur pilgrimage of Lord Hanuman-ji ,Warud
- Musalkheda pilgrimage of SAINT YASHWANT MAHARAJ ,Warud
Amravati Narkhed railway route is ready on January 2014 .Railways are now available to travel from Narkhed to Bhusaval. Warud's railway station has given the name " WARUD ORANGE CITY " as because it is the biggest exporter of oranges from all over the India . The railway station is 3 km from the centre of the Warud city.
There is warud 'bussthanak' of Maharashtra State Transport (S.T. Bus) in warud city.It has better connectivity with neighbouring districts.Buses for neighbouring state Madhya Pradesh are also available in much proportion.
There are several private transport services are also available.
Shendurjana Ghat, Isambri-Bahada and Tembhurkheda are the main exporters of oranges in Warud taluka.Oranges are exported to foreign countries from Warud.
Warud has an agricultural-based economy. Warud also known as California of Vidarbha.for world class quality orange. The orchards of the town are, noted for their growth of fine & world-famous oranges.Warud is recently developing as good trade center as there is no bigger town around Warud. People from around 100 nearby villages daily visit Warud for one or the other reason. Business in city is well dominated by farmer community.
Quality of education is good in city. City has good potential to develop as good business and education center. Some educational institutions like B.ed, D.ed, BBA, BCA, MCM.B.lib, dress designins, arts commerce and science all the secondary educational facilities available here.
There are very good educational institutions in Warud. New English High School, Jagrut Vidyalaya, NTR Highschool and P.D. Kanya Vidyalaya are very good for high school education institutes up to SSC level. New English High school is the oldest one in Warud. It comes under Shivaji Education Society founded by Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh. People of every cast and religion are taking their education in New English High School. New English Institution has its Junior College for ARTS, COMMERCE and SCIENCE. Lectures and Professors here are really talented and hardworking.The schools from villages are also providing good quality education with good results among that, Late. Wamanrao Makar High school, Udapur is one in Warud Taluka. Vidyaniketan Amner Teh. Warud also is one of the best school in rural area.
There is one other Junior and Senior college in Warud. Mahatma Fule ARTS & COMMERCE + Sitaramji Chaudhari Science college this also comes under Shivaji Education Society. This is one of the reputed institution of Shivaji Education Society. As well as Orange City convent is new name in the field of education.
- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anil_Sukhdevrao_BondeAnil Sukhdevrao Bonde
- "Lok Sabha". Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- 2006 population estimate
||Pattan, Multai(Madhya Pradesh State)||Pandhurna (Madhya Pradesh State)|
|Morshi, Amravati||Talegaon, Arvi(Wardha district)||Katol (Nagpur district)|