Warwick Farm railway station
Southbound view in August 2010
|Location||Remembrance Drive, Warwick Farm|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||28.43 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||18 March 1889|
The original Warwick Farm station opened on 18 March 1889 as a private platform for William Forrester near the former level crossing on the Hume Highway. It was relocated to its present location in 1943 when nearby Warwick Farm Racecourse was used as a military camp.
Previously, a 1.6-kilometre branch line to the racecourse branched off from the Main South line north of the station, and carried special racecourse trains on race days. The branch opened in June 1889, closed in August 1990 and was removed in December 1991.
The Southern Sydney Freight Line opened immediately to the east of the station in January 2013. As part of its construction, a footbridge with lifts and stairs was constructed. Previously, crossing the railway line required passengers to use the Hume Highway bridge. Platform 2 was very narrow and was widened during the works.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Granville
services to Central & the City Circle via Regents Park
2 services on weekdays
|services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|||
|services to Blacktown & Schofields|||
|2||services to Leppington & Campbelltown|||
|services to Liverpool|||
|services to Liverpool & Campbelltown|||
Transdev NSW operates one route via Warwick Farm station:-
- Warwick Farm Station NSWrail.net
- Warwick Farm Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Warwick Farm Railway Station Precinct Assessment Australian Rail Track Corporation
- Warwick Farm Racecourse Branch NSWrail.net
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest October 1990 page 369
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest February 1992 page 73
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "T5: Cumberland line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 904 and S1 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW