Warwick Municipal Airport
|Warwick Municipal Airport|
|Owner||Town of Warwick|
|Serves||Warwick, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||540 ft / 165 m|
Warwick Municipal Airport (FAA LID: N72) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) northeast of Warwick, a village in the Town of Warwick, Orange County, New York, United States. The airport is owned by the Town of Warwick and has been in operation since 1946. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Warwick Municipal Airport covers an area of 133 acres (54 ha) at an elevation of 540 feet (165 m) above mean sea level. It has one asphalt paved runway designated 3R/21L which measures 2,150 by 28 feet (655 x 9 m); it also has two turf runways: 3L/21R is 2,100 by 50 feet (640 x 15 m) and 8/26 is 2,250 by 80 feet (686 x 24 m).
For the 12-month period ending October 6, 2011, the airport had 4,500 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 12 per day. At that time there were 41 single-engine aircraft based at this airport.
- FAA Airport Master Record for N72 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Map showing airport located northeast of Warwick". MapQuest. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Airport's website
- Warwick Municipal Airport (N72) at NYSDOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of April 1994 from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: