This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
It is located in the central south of the island chain, occupying part of the main island to the southeast of the Great Sound, the large expanse of water which dominates the geography of western Bermuda, and also a number of islands which lie within that sound. It is joined to Southampton Parish in the southwest, and to Paget Parish in the northeast. As with most of Bermuda's parishes, it covers just over 2.3 square miles (about 6.0 km² or 1500 acres).
Natural features in Warwick include Warwick Long Bay, Riddell's Bay, Darrell's Island, Hawkins Island, Long Island, and Marshall's Island. Hinson's Island, once part of Warwick, is now part of Paget Parish.
The parish also contains Warwick Camp, the former rifle ranges of the Imperial military garrison, which is, today, the home of the Bermuda Regiment, and most of which doubles as parkland (and the territory of which includes Warwick Long Bay, Horseshoe Bay, and the smaller beaches between).
Schools in the parish include:
- Warwick Preschool
- Purvis Primary School
- T.N. Tatem Middle School
- Warwick Academy (private school)
- Francis Landey Patton (1843 – 1932) Born and schooled in Warwick Parish. Prebyterian minister who went on to become president of what is today Princeton University (1888-1902).
- William Alexander Scott CBE JP (born 1940 in Bermuda) is a politician in Bermuda who is the MP for the Warwick South East constituency. Between 2003 and 2006 he served as the Premier of Bermuda
- Dale Russell (born 1955 in Warwick Parish) is a U.S. retired soccer forward who played in the North American Soccer League
- Marco Warren (born 1993 in Warwick Parish) is a Bermudian footballer who plays as a midfielder for PHC Zebras
|This Bermuda location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|