Warwick Parkway railway station
|Local authority||District of Warwick|
|Managed by||Chiltern Railways|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 2000|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Warwick Parkway from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Warwick Parkway railway station is on the outskirts of Warwick in Warwickshire, England. It also serves Budbrooke. It is owned by Chiltern Railways, making it one of the few stations on the National Rail system not owned by Network Rail. It opened in 2000. Warwick is also served by the older Warwick railway station in the town centre.
Each platform at the station has a real-time electronic information departure screen.
The station is staffed for much of the day and there are self-service ticket machines as well as a permit to travel machine just inside the entrance to the station. A subway links northbound and southbound platforms. Also there is a small cafe selling drinks and snacks.
Local Stagecoach in Warwickshire bus services 68 and X17 also link the station with Warwick, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth and Coventry. There is also a National Express coach stop outside the station with regular links to Heathrow and Gatwick airports. The nearest village to the station is Hampton Magna, about 1 mile (1.6 km) from the station.
The station originally had 737 car parking spaces. Another 222 places were added in 2012 at a cost of £2.5 million. Work on the project started on 25 June 2012. Additional spaces were made available in phases from 29 October 2012 with an official opening in late November 2012.
- Table 71 & 115 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- "Warwick Parkway extension given go ahead". Department for Transport. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Warwick Parkway sees £2.5m car park expansion". BBC News. BBC. 26 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "New car park opens at Warwick Parkway railway station". Leamington Courier. Johnston Press. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Warwick Parkway railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Warwick Parkway railway station from National Rail
- Photos of Warwick Parkway Station
- Rail Around Birmingham and the West Midlands: Warwick Parkway station
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
London to Birmingham
Chiltern Main Line fast services
Leamington Spa to Stratford-upon-Avon