Warwickshire Rugby Football Union
|Full name||Warwickshire Rugby Football Union|
The Warwickshire Rugby Football Union is a governing body for rugby union in part of The Midlands, England. The union is the constituent body of the Rugby Football Union for the city of Coventry and the county of Warwickshire. The current president is Matt Smith of the Old Leamingtonians club.
Warwickshire play in the County Championship. As of 2017, the representative side competes in Division 2. However, in the past, the county competed at a much higher level, winning the Bill Beaumont Cup (as it is now known) 10 times, the fourth best record in the competition.
- Bill Beaumont Cup: Winners 10 times; runners up 5 times
- County Championship Plate: Winners (2): 2002, 2007
There are currently 51 clubs affiliated with the union, with teams at both senior and junior level and are based in Warwickshire. The vast majority of the county's clubs compete in the Rugby Football Union Midland Division, with the exception of Coventry RFC (National League 1), Broadstreet RFC (National League 2 North) and the University Teams (who compete in the British Universities and Colleges Sport rugby competitions).
- Barkers Butts
- Berkswell & Balsall
- Coventry Police
- Coventry Saracens
- Coventry Tech
- Coventry University
- Coventry Welsh
- King Henry VIII School
- Manor Park
- Nuneaton Old Edwardians
- Old Coventrians
- Old Laurentians
- Old Leamingtonians
- Old Wheatleyans
- Onley Park
- Rugby Lions
- Rugby St Andrews
- Rugby Welsh
- Silhillians[a 1]
- Stoke Old Boys[a 2]
- Sutton Coldfield[a 3]
- Trinity Guild
- Warwickshire Police
- University of Warwick
- West Midlands Fire Service
County club competitions
The Warwickshire RFU currently runs the following competitions for club sides based in Warwickshire:
- "Warwickshire Rugby Football Union". Site.warwickshirerfu.co.uk. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "History - the origins of North Midlands". Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "2016-17 Bill Beaumont Senior Mens County Championship". England Rugby. 6 May 2017.
- County Championship (rugby union)#Championships by county
- "Affiliated Warwickshire Clubs". Warwickshire RFU. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- "WRFU Cup Competitions". Warwickshire RFU. Retrieved 16 June 2017.