Wasco State Prison
|Population||4,969 (166.5%) (as of 1 March 2018)|
|Managed by||California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation|
The Wasco facility was the first of two reception centers in Kern County. The primary mission is to provide short term housing necessary to process, classify, and evaluate new inmates physically and mentally, to determine their security level, program requirements, and appropriate institutional placement. A 400-bed medium custody facility houses general population inmates to help support and maintain the reception center. A minimum custody facility provides institutional maintenance and landscaping services.
- "California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation: Monthly Report of Population as of Midnight February 28, 2018" (PDF). California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Division of Internal Oversight and Research. March 1, 2018. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- CDCR. "CDCR - Wasco State Prison (WSP)". www.cdcr.ca.gov. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- "Wasco State Prison official webpage". Archive.org. Archived from the original on March 2, 2009. Retrieved 2 March 2009.
- Wasco State Prison-Reception Center Contact and Visiting Information
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Official website
|This article about a California building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States prison is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|