Waseda University Rugby Football Club
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1966 - Waseda win their first All-Japan Rugby Football Championship and the University championship rugby title.
- 1971 - Waseda win their second All-Japan Rugby Football Championship, beating Shinnitetsu Kamaishi 30-16.
- 1972 - Waseda win their third All-Japan Rugby Football Championship, beating Mitsubishi Jikou 14-11.
- 1988 - Waseda win their fourth All-Japan Rugby Football Championship, beating Toshiba Fuchuu 22-16.
- Waseda, coached by Katsuyuki Kiyomiya, beat Toyota Verblitz 28-24 in the All-Japan Rugby Football Championship at Chichibunomiya on February 12, 2006. It was thus the first Japanese university to beat a Top League team. (In the semi-final Waseda lost to Toshiba Brave Lupus 0-43.)
- Katsuyuki Kiyomiya
- Hiroaki Shukuzawa - Japan national rugby union team coach
- Katsuhiko Oku - diplomat
- Yoshiro Mori - former Prime Minister
- Onishi Tetsunosuke
- Katsuyuki Kiyomiya (2001-2006). He was formerly a player for Waseda and Suntory. In February 2006 a book was published by him in Japanese entitled Kyukyoku no Shori:Ultimate Crush ISBN 4-06-213271-0 He has been hugely successful with Waseda. The book has been translated into English. See here.
- Ryuji Nakatake (2006-
- ULTIMATE CRUSH: Waseda University Rugby, Leadership and Building the Strongest Winning Team in Japan by Katsuyuki Kiyomiya, translated into English by Ian Ruxton (September 2006) ISBN 978-1-4303-0321-3