Washburn University School of Law
|Washburn University School of Law|
|Dean||Carla D. Pratt|
|Location||Topeka, Kansas, U.S.|
|Bar pass rate||93.8%|
|ABA profile||ABA profile|
The Washburn University School of Law, commonly referred to as Washburn Law, is a public law school located on the main campus of Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas. Washburn Law was founded in 1903.
Centers and programs
- Business and Transactional Law Center
- Children and Family Law Center
- Center for Excellence in Advocacy
- Center for Law and Government
- Center for Oil and Gas Law
- Center for International and Comparative Law
The Washburn Law Clinic functions as an in-house general practice law firm, providing representation in practice concentration areas such as Children and Family Law, Criminal Defense, State Tribal Court Practice, Civil Litigation, Criminal Appellate Advocacy, and Small Business and Transactional Law. 
The first-year curriculum includes Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing, Civil Procedure, Contracts, Criminal Law, Torts, Constitutional Law, and Property Law. All entering students participate in the law school's academic support program designed to teach law students the law school learning strategies they need to succeed.
According to Washburns's official 2015 ABA-required disclosures, 70.0% of the Class of 2015 obtained full-time, long-term, JD-required employment ten months after graduation. Washburns's Law School Transparency under-employment score is 22.5%, indicating the percentage of the Class of 2015 unemployed, pursuing an additional degree, or working in a non-professional, short-term, or part-time job nine months after graduation.
The total cost of attendance (indicating the cost of tuition, fees, and living expenses) at Washburn for the 2016-2017 academic year is $37,121 for residents of Kansas, Colorado, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska and $42,791 for residents of other states not previously mentioned. The Law School Transparency estimated debt-financed cost of attendance for three years is $128,387 for residents of Kansas/Colorado/Missouri/Texas/Oklahoma/Nebraska and $170,812 for residents of other states not previously mentioned.
- Bar exam results retrieved on 12-10-2010
- Washburn University SChool of Law History
- , washburnlaw.edu
- "Washburn Lawyer". Washburnlaw.edu. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Washburn Agricultural Law and Tax Report". Washburnlaw.edu. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "First-Year Program". Washburnlaw.edu. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Employment Summary for 2015 Graduates" (PDF). Retrieved 2017-04-30.
- "Washburn University". LST Report. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Tuition and Expenses".
- "Washburn University, Finances". LST Reports. Retrieved 2017-05-01.