|MARC commuter rail station|
|Location||100 Railroad Street, Washington Grove, Maryland|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||May 1, 1873 (ceremonial opening)|
May 25, 1873 (regular passenger service)
|November 2022||15 (daily) (MARC)|
Washington Grove is a passenger rail station in Washington Grove, Maryland, on MARC Train's Brunswick Line. The station serves a historic community near Washington, D.C. that was a summer retreat for many of its citizens during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, but that recently have become year-round residences without destroying the outward appearance of the original structures in the community. Originally the rail connection provided the transportation to the community, which is designed only for pedestrian use along footpaths.
|Street level||North exit/entrance, parking, buses|
|Outbound||← Brunswick Line toward Martinsburg or Frederick (Gaithersburg) |
← Capitol Limited does not stop here
|Inbound||Capitol Limited does not stop here → |
Brunswick Line toward Union Station (Rockville) →
|Street level||South exit/entrance, station house, parking|
- "MARC Station Information". MTA Maryland. Retrieved May 29, 2020.
- "MARC Station Information". Maryland Transit Administration. Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Metropolitan Branch Railroad". The Baltimore Sun. May 1, 1873. p. 1. Retrieved July 31, 2023 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Metropolitan Branch Railroad". The Baltimore Sun. November 18, 1873. p. 1. Retrieved July 31, 2023 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Washington Grove's Ties To The Metropolitan Branch Of The B&O Railroad". washingtongrovemd.org. Washington Grove, Maryland. Retrieved July 31, 2023.
- "MARC Brunswick Line Technical Report" (PDF). Maryland Transit Administration. Retrieved 2023-02-19.
- MARC station list (includes Washington Grove) MARC official website