Detroit City Apartments
|Detroit City Apartments|
|Location||1431 Washington Boulevard,
Detroit, Michigan, United States
|Roof||81 m (266 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Jude T. Fusco Associates, Inc.|
Detroit City Apartments is a high-rise in downtown Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1981, the residential building stands 28 stories tall. The building is located at 1431 Washington Boulevard and occupies the block bordered by Clifford Street, Grand River Avenue and Washington Boulevard. In 2007, the building went under new management and the owner changed the name of the high-rise apartments to Washington Square. In 2013 Washington Square was renamed to Detroit City Apartments.
This property consists of a 5-floor parking structure topped by 23 floors of residential apartments. The 6th floor, which extends out of the parking structure, includes the lobby, swimming pool, health club, tennis court, and other amenities. Two-story, townhouse-style penthouse suites fill the 27th and 28th floors.
- Hill, Eric J.; John Gallagher (2002). AIA Detroit: The American Institute of Architects Guide to Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3120-3.
- Meyer, Katherine Mattingly and Martin C.P. McElroy with Introduction by W. Hawkins Ferry, Hon A.I.A. (1980). Detroit Architecture A.I.A. Guide Revised Edition. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1651-4.
- Sharoff, Robert (2005). American City: Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3270-6.
- Detroit City Apartments
- Google Maps location of Washington Square
- Trolley Plaza details at Emporis.com
- SkyscraperPage.com's Profile on Washington Square Apartments
|This article related to a building or structure in Detroit, Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|