Washington State Labor Council
The Washington State Labor Council is the Washington branch of the AFL-CIO. It represents all AFL-CIO affiliates in state politics, and its major interest group, particularly for Democratic politicians. The organization was split when several national unions broke from the AFL-CIO and formed the Change to Win Coalition, taking their state and local affiliates with them. Jeffrey Johnson has been the President of the State Labor Council since January of 2011. Other prominent leaders have included Rick Bender, Lou Stewart, and Alan Link, the organization's current Secretary-Treasurer (equivalent to Executive Director).
- Washington State State Labor Council Homepage
- List of Current Officers, Washington State State Labor Council
- List of Affiliate Unions, Washington State State Labor Council
- Washington State Federation of Labor Records. Circa 1901-1967. 45.44 cubic feet (including 2 microfilm reels, 1 package and 1 vertical file).
- AFL-CIO, Washington State Labor Council Records. 1919-2010. 187.18 cubic feet.
- Washington State Labor Council Photograph and Video Collection. 1981-1999. 20 cubic feet (20 boxes).