|Washington Z. SyCip|
|Born||June 30, 1921|
|Monuments||Washington SyCip Park, Makati City|
|Residence||North Forbes Park, Makati City|
|Alma mater||University of Santo Tomas|
Helen Bau SyCip
A product of the Philippine public school system, SyCip holds BS and MS degrees from the University of Santo Tomas, which later conferred a Doctor of Accounting Education, honoris causa degree on him in 1984.
SyCip was in the United States completing a post-graduate degree as the Second World War broke out. His father, who was in the City of Manila during the Japanese invasion, was detained by the occupying forces. After hearing reports that the Japanese had executed his father, SyCip joined the war effort, recruited into a "special codebreaking" class and later deployed to British India as a codebreaker.
After the war, SyCip started his own practice of accountancy. He eventually partnered with Alfredo Velayo and Ramón J. Gorres to form what is now known as SGV & Co.
SyCip had also obtained a Master of Science in Commerce from Columbia Business School.
His full life story is encrypted in "Wash: Only A Bookkeeper, A Biography of Washington Z. SyCip" by Jose Y. Dalisay Jr. who garnered a literary award, the NBDB National Book Award for Non-Fiction Prose (2010).
- BDO Unibank, Inc, (PSE: BDO), Adviser to the Board
- Belle Corporation (PSE: BEL), Independent Director
- Cityland Development Corporation (PSE: CDC), Chairman of Board, Independent Director
- First Philippine Holdings Corporation (PSE: FPH), Independent Director
- Highlands Prime, Inc., Independent Director
- Lopez Holdings Corporation (PSE: LPZ), Independent Director
- MacroAsia Corporation (PSE: MAC), Chairman
- Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (PSE: MPI), Independent Director
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (PSE: MBT), Adviser to the Board
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PSE: TEL), Adviser to the Board
- Philippine National Bank (PSE: PNB), Director
- Philequity Management, Inc. , Director
- Officer First Class of the Order of the Polar Star (1987)
- Philippine Legion of Honor, Degree of Commander (1991)
- Order of Lakandula, Rank of Grand Cross (Bayani) (2011)
- Ramon V. del Rosario Award for Nation Building (2012)
- Dalisay, Jose Y. (2009). Wash, only a bookkeeper : a biography of Washington Z. SyCip. Makati City: SGV Foundation and the AIM Scientific Research Foundation. ISBN 9789719194835.
- BDO Unibank, Inc. - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 19 April 2013
- Belle Corporation - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 22 April 2013
- Cityland Development Corporation - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 4 June 2013
- First Philippine Holdings Corporation - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 27 Mai 2013
- Highlands Prime, Inc. - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 23 April 2013
- Lopez Holdings Corporation - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 30 May 2013
- Metro Pacific Investments Corporation -Annual Shareholder Meeting, 24 May 2013
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 15 April 2013
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 14 June 2013
- Philippine National Bank - Annual Shareholder Meeting, 28 May 2013
- Tribiana, Chit, A walk in Washington Sycip park (2012)