Washington Township, Carroll County, Illinois
Location in Carroll County
Carroll County's location in Illinois
|• Supervisor||Jesse L. Bundy|
|• Total||39.74 sq mi (102.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.39 sq mi (91.7 km2)|
|• Water||4.35 sq mi (11.3 km2) 10.95%|
|Elevation||656 ft (200 m)|
|• Density||10.1/sq mi (3.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61028, 61074|
|GNIS feature ID||0429897|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 39.74 square miles (102.9 km2), of which 35.39 square miles (91.7 km2) (or 89.05%) is land and 4.35 square miles (11.3 km2) (or 10.95%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Savanna (north edge)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Mosquito Hill Cemetery which is also known as St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery. The cemetery is the site of the former St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- Buffalo Lake
- Horseshoe Lake
- Lundy Lake
- Mississippi Palisades State Park (vast majority)
- Savanna Army Depot
- West Carroll Community Unit School District 314
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 71
- State Senate District 36
- "Washington Township, Carroll County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Hanover Township, Jo Daviess County||Derinda Township, Jo Daviess County||Pleasant Valley Township, Jo Daviess County|
|Savanna Township||Mount Carroll Township|