Washington Township, Carroll County, Indiana
Location of Washington Township in Carroll County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.84 sq mi (77.3 km2)|
|• Land||29.83 sq mi (77.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||699 ft (213 m)|
|• Density||18.4/sq mi (7.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453985|
Washington Township was organized in 1835.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.84 square miles (77.3 km2), of which 29.83 square miles (77.3 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
- Washington Township, Cass County (northeast)
- Deer Creek Township, Cass County (southeast)
- Carrollton (south)
- Jackson (southwest)
- Liberty (west)
- Clinton Township, Cass County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Hopewell and Rock Creek.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Odell, John Curtis (1916). History of Carroll County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 87.