Washington Township, Decatur County, Indiana
Location of Washington Township in Decatur County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Township Trustee||Christian A. B. Rust|
|• Total||55.24 sq mi (143.1 km2)|
|• Land||55.07 sq mi (142.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.17 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||955 ft (291 m)|
|• Density||241.6/sq mi (93.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453992|
Washington Township was organized in 1822.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 55.24 square miles (143.1 km2), of which 55.07 square miles (142.6 km2) (or 99.69%) is land and 0.17 square miles (0.44 km2) (or 0.31%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Clinton Township (north)
- Fugit Township (northeast)
- Salt Creek Township (east)
- Marion Township (south)
- Sand Creek Township (southwest)
- Clay Township (west)
- Adams Township (northwest)
The township contains five cemeteries: Forsythe, Saint Marys, Sand Creek, South Park and Springer.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Harding, Lewis Albert (1915). History of Decatur County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 95.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.