Washington Township, Franklin County, Ohio
|Washington Township, Franklin County, Ohio|
Location of Washington Township in Franklin County.
|• Total||3.44 sq mi (8.90 km2)|
|• Land||3.41 sq mi (8.84 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.06 km2)|
|Elevation||906 ft (276 m)|
|• Density||454/sq mi (175.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086117|
Washington Township is one of the seventeen townships of Franklin County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 1,549, of whom 983 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships and cities:
- Dublin - northeast
- Hilliard - southeast
- Brown Township - southwest, east of Canaan Township
- Canaan Township, Madison County - southwest, west of Brown Township
- Darby Township, Madison County - west
- Jerome Township, Union County - northwest
Several small exclaves of the township are located within the city of Dublin.
Much of eastern Washington Township is occupied by the city of Dublin, and the city of Hilliard includes a small part of southern Washington Township. As well, the unincorporated community of Amlin lies in the southwestern part of the township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Others are part of Dublin City Schools.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Washington township, Franklin County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 1, 2016.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Remainder of Washington township, Washington township, Franklin County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 1, 2016.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- "Facts & Figures" (Archive). Hilliard City School District. Retrieved on June 14, 2014.