Washington Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
The John W. McClain House, a historic site in the township
Location in Hendricks County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||38.68 sq mi (100.18 km2)|
|• Land||38.65 sq mi (100.09 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.09 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||833 ft (254 m)|
|• Density||1,158.2/sq mi (447.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0454000|
Washington Township covers an area of 38.68 square miles (100.2 km2); of this, 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) or 0.09 percent is water. The streams of Abner Creek, Army Branch, Lake Forest Creek and March Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Lincoln Township (north)
- Wayne Township, Marion County (east)
- Decatur Township, Marion County (southeast)
- Guilford Township (south)
- Liberty Township (southwest)
- Center Township (west)
- Middle Township (northwest)
The township contains twelve cemeteries: Abner Creek, Barlow, Gossett, McClain, Merritt, Merritt Memorial Gardens, North Lawn, Salem Baptist, Shiloh Baptist, Shiloh Methodist, Smith and White Lick Presbyterian.
Airports and landing strips
- Speedway Airport (Closed)
Washington Township residents may obtain a free library card from the Avon-Washington Township Public Library in Avon.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- Hadley, John Vestal (1914). History of Hendricks County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 100.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 9/29/14 through 10/03/14. National Park Service. 2014-10-10.
- "Avon-Washington Township Public Library Card". Avon-Washington Twp Public Library. Retrieved 7 March 2018.