Washington Township, Monroe County, Indiana
A historic church in the township
Location in Monroe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.24 sq mi (88.7 km2)|
|• Land||34.23 sq mi (88.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
|• Density||59.3/sq mi (22.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46151, 47404, 47408, 47433|
|GNIS feature ID||0454007|
Washington Township is one of eleven townships in Monroe County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,029 and it contained 882 housing units. The township contains a portion of the Morgan-Monroe State Forest.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.24 square miles (88.7 km2), of which 34.23 square miles (88.7 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Collier and Sample.
- Bryant Creek Lake
- Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 61
- State Senate District 37
- "Washington Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 380.
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 432.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Washington Township
||Baker Township, Morgan County||Washington Township, Morgan County|
|Bean Blossom Township|
|Bloomington Township||Benton Township|